fam6236 fam6236 36-40, M 19 Answers Jun 9, 2009

Don't push another relationship, but try to surround yourself with friends. Accept that the relationship is over, and try to live life normally. Don't be the person who waits anxiously by the phone or overindulges on ice cream. Treat yourself to a shopping spree or a night out. Don't focus on your pain, focus on living happily.

Best Answer

Try to keep myself occupied with other things. And I keep a diary almost everyday. And spend a lot of time on the internet working on my websites, and here on EP surrounded by the friends I've met. And those I haven't met yet.<br />
I also spend time at psychcentral.com looking at other peoples problems, making mine seem small compared to others.

Best Answer

Imagine stepping into the same pile of dog poop twice

Best Answer

Think of all the reasons I divorced him, all the reasons and then I don't think about him anymore..not his lies, his abuse, his intolerance of anything he didn't think was proper and oh! crap~ reality check~ I married another one!!!

Best Answer

Depends on why they are your 'ex' in the first place. As general advice... what do you really like to do that is physical in nature (I mean other than the obvious... lol)? I found when I was first separated that anytime I could work out, play Basketball, ride my bicycle, etc. my thoughts about my ex-wife simply faded into the background for a while.

Best Answer

Find something to keep you busy. Do some volunteer work. Someting that is rewarding. Set a timer to grieve each day and then stop yourself when the timer goes off. Let yourself feel all the pain and anger until the timer goes off, then find a distraction.

Best Answer

keep your mind focused on the things most important to you and don't get discouraged when your ex surfaces in your mind. Like mz said, you will never forget them, you can just learn to live with it...

Best Answer

Impossible!...I remember ex's from 40 years ago!!

Best Answer

Just like anything else it takes time. If they're still on your mind, you still love them - that's just how it goes. Give yourself some time, use your friends for support & try to find new things to do in life; hobbies, music...whatever.

Best Answer

what i do is just talk it out cry it out and i have very good friends there for me and we just talk and they help me get threw wat ever and start talkin to guys/girls and soon you will find someone good enough and yur ex will be history

Best Answer

Well, you could get on your back for some one else....<br />
That and a bottle of bourbon should do the trick.

Best Answer

You need to give more information on "why you are not together anymore" <br />
If you are not involved with anyone else, now might be a good time to go looking.<br />
Good Luck

Best Answer

i wouldnt rush in to things with someone else if i was you.<br />
I broke up with my boyfriend last friday... it's still hurting. real bad. Try and spend time with your friends, talk things through with them. get things off your chest.<br />
I just found a guy mate.. who said that he would always respect my decisions, but would always be there at the end to make me happy. we are goin to start going out regularly and things. <br />
maybe you should try the same. find a new guy mate. get to know him. develop things that way. just dont rush in to it.

Best Answer

found someone else.

Best Answer