I over think everything and I spend a lot of time on the past - way too much time. I tell myself I'm trying to learn from it, but sometimes I'm so deep in the past (or worried about the future) that I miss out on the present (another mistake I can lool back on and fret - thus messing up that future moment). It's a never ending cycle if you don't get a grip on it. I actually find myself saying "stop it!" to myself - out loud. I know I can't change the past and I have to remind myself that now is all I have and that spending it worrying about something I can do nothing about isn't fair to me or the people in my life. It's hard - but I keep trying. Good luck.

Best Answer

I swear, it is like you are talking about me!! You are not alone, I do the exact same thing, you won't believe it that I even say to myself STOP IT out loud!

Best Answer

this happens to me a lot when i get depressed. especially when i am trying to go to sleep. i try to focus on something else, like an interesting problem that requires all my concentration. often distraction is the best defense against the symptoms of depression.

Best Answer

Do things you won't regret and then your regrets will start to fade. At least that's my theory.

Best Answer

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I just remind myself that all is forgiven and focus on what God has done for me.

Best Answer

Anenesia, so try banging your head against the desk and see what happens.

Best Answer