I've had this killer urge for 3 days.......Have been a non-smoker 4 years, 8 months....
loulan loulan 36-40, F 8 Answers Oct 3, 2012 in Community

It gets easier with time. Just stay strong. <br />
(I'm a non-smoker for 4 years now)

Best Answer

ty.......me too.....4 years, 8 months as a non-smoker.....I think stress is doing me in.....

Best Answer

I keep an e-cigrette around for that. I don't get an overwhelming urge often, but when I do it's nice to be able to cure it rather than suffer through it ;-)

Best Answer

does it supply nicotene ? I've never seen one, only heard of it......

Best Answer

It does. Just a few puffs is all I need to calm the craving down.

Best Answer

thank you....I may have to look into it.....this is tough lately....

Best Answer

It something going on that's triggering your urge?

Best Answer

It's been like one stress after another.....I think I could deal better if they were petty and small......

Best Answer

I feel ya there. That's about when it gets to me as well...stressfull days, or I've gone n let myself run out of one my happy pills...or both, lol

Best Answer

Thank you Janx for your replies....I appreciate very much. :)

Best Answer

This a great ?..... I'm a smoker and I enjoy it. I would like to know how to quit too?

Best Answer

When I was preg I chewed gum...... that kinda worked :-) <br />
Dont do what I did after tho and have 'just a few' cause you will end up smoking again like I am

Best Answer

That's what I'm afraid of......If I smoke 1 it will probably start the cycle over.......A cigarette used to calm me when I was stressed or nervous.

Best Answer

Me too and it probaly will get you started again if you have one. You could try putting a elastic band on your wrist and flicking it when you need a smoke?

Best Answer

Worth a try....Thanks.....I'm willing to try anything at this point.....

Best Answer

Good luck and stay strong!!! :-)

Best Answer

I'm trying to quit and I just lit one up as I looked at this question. I just had to mention that, I thought it was ironic haha :)<br />
I'm not sure but I find the biggest issue for me is that I need something to put my hands and mouth to. Sipping water from a bottle really, really helps. It might not for you, but it works for me. Also, I keep myself extremely busy. I often find that I completely forget to smoke.<br />
Good luck!

Best Answer

Thank you and good luck to you too....I quit so many times before I actually quit....keep trying.....

Best Answer

I'm going on 7 months without a cigarette. When I get a craving that won't go away, I chew a Nicotrette gum, or wear a patch.

Best Answer

I use Commit lozenges for those times and I think they just pooped out because I find no relief with them for the last 3 days......

Best Answer

Gallons of Water

Best Answer