Colliflower12 Colliflower12 13-15, F 11 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Suicide

He needs profesional help.My nephew broke up with his first girlfriend and baricaded himself in his mom's trailer and threatened to commit siuside, he had an ice pick and cut rhe side of his face from ear to chin and cut a + on his cheek, the police were called and they said if he didnt come out on his own, they would use the taser on him, he did what they wanted, and rhey took him to the hospital he was on lock down for 72 hours, he is a lot better now. He knows life is worth liveing.

Best Answer

There are so many reasons a person can take to self harming, it can be very difficult understand why they are doing it. It can be done as a release for emotions that are just too much for them to cope with, and the act of self harming provides them with that release. It can be because they feel they deserve it, and they have such a low view of themselves.<br />
You need to let him talk to you when -he- is ready, calmly tell him he can talk to you. But don't push it. You need to know whats going on in his life, and whats happened and what he was feeling before he decides to hurt himself. It's those feelings and what happened before are the trigger of sorts. If you can, get him to talk to a doctor about his mental health, because they will be able to provide so much more help.

Best Answer

Yeah...he tells me everything about his parents and when he crys an worrys about that part of his life I'm the first one he goes to! I think he thinks he deserves to hurt bc he cheated on me once before and I took him back and he feels like I am holding it against him

Best Answer

It sounds like you are putting a lot of energy into helping him and its obvious that you care a great deal about him. Can I ask you what you are doing to take of yourself. Who are you talking to about how all of this makes you feel.

Best Answer

Is it possible, to get him to keep a diary of sorts, of what he's feeling and thinking before he hurts himself? Not only would it be helpful should you get him to see someone about this, but perhaps if he gets into the habit of writing the emotions down before he hurts himself, it would be a better outlet for him?

Best Answer

Ill ask him to consider it

Best Answer

It's not everyones thing, but for some people it's a big help :)

Best Answer

I think me helping out everyone around me might make someone do the same when I need a friend! I'm really blessed to have what I have and to have such great family and friends but I don't like asking for help much...that's kinda why I got this

Best Answer

Just try to be there for them.

Best Answer

tell her parents

Best Answer

I did...I'm close with his family enough that I have her number

Best Answer

Tell her that you will be there with her when she tells her mother. She must tell parents in order to get help.

Best Answer

You need to tell ur counselor at school. Immediately! He may not like you for a short while but in the end when he gets things straight in his mind, he will never forget how much you cared about him. Don't even think about it twice, no matter how well he appears to have recovered. Something is bothering him deeply, most likely you have no idea about. Good luck

Best Answer

I did and they talked to him with me there...he is like family to me and he understands my part

Best Answer

Good. Just listening is a really marvelous thing. Try not giving any advice or what you would do. That can backfire. Best to just tell em "I don't know what I would do". Good luck.

Best Answer

Thanks :/

Best Answer

Have you talked with them about it? Have you talked with your parents about it? If you do not trust talking about it with your parents is there an adult you do trust?

Best Answer

I told his older sister because we talk sometimes

Best Answer

Try to explain to them that there are more positive ways to take control. And encourage them to address the problems that make them feel helpless.

Best Answer

Be a friend. Get to know her. Find out what she likes. Find interests that make her happy. But most of all, begin to explain that dealing with unhappiness means finding those other things to focus your time. Dwelling on the negative just feeds the fire. Dwell on the positive, the fun, the inspirational. But that takes team work. Are you ready to be that team?

Best Answer

It's a boy but I talk to him every night and let him know I'm here and I wrote on his arm in permanent marker that I love him so every time he goes to do it he sees it and knows he has someone

Best Answer

That's great, but don't let cutting be the topic that keeps you together. Find a common theme, whether it's music, movies, bikes, swimming, etc. and spend lots of time on that positive subject.

Best Answer

You try to be there for them never leave then because that makes them cut more. My friends left so i started cutting more. Trust me

Best Answer

It's my bf and he said he'll stop just I can't leave and I promised I wouldn't

Best Answer

Yeah dont leave. And even if u dont understand it just be there for him. Thats all anyone ever wants. Just to have someone be there

Best Answer

I just am trying to show him in every way I care and when he told me I was crying so bad I couldn't breath! I just text him everyday and I am trying to reassure him ill always be here

Best Answer

No you do what you need to do. You are in no way responsible for their actions. Friends also do not hold you emotionally hostage.

Best Answer

Yeah. I mean if u care u should show it. I think it will help alot but also dint let it get to u so much

Best Answer

Yeah...he blames me in a way but doesn't say it's my fault but like he said he did it bc he's sorry for hurting me

Best Answer

But he's a big part of my life and I'm the only person who can make him stop

Best Answer

Why does he blame u. What dies he blame u for

Best Answer

I guess it's bc I'm the one who he hurt and I'm the one who's making him regret his choices! And I'm the only one who can make him wanna do better

Best Answer

Well tell him that if he doesnt want to hurt u anymore he has to stop cutting. Maybe that will be the thing that makes him stop

Best Answer

Yeah...that's what I told him and e hasn't for a few days and thanks I really appreciate the advice

Best Answer

Ur welcome and if u need more help u can just message me i will try to help. I also have alternatives my therapist gave me to cutting in case if he needs help also

Best Answer