Fortunately it\'s only thoughts so far. I have just one suicide attempt and it\'s been years... but today I\'m going to my parents\' house and I don\'t want them to notice I\'m not doing well today. (In my country we celebrate Christmas this evening.) I should be taking medicine - I also started, but then I was ill and my meds couldn\'t be combined, so I stopped for about three weeks and haven\'t continued yet. I\'m afraid I\'m feeling bad because of this. If you have any experience with Sertraline, please share. Merry Christmas to all!
estherchava estherchava 26-30, F 10 Answers Dec 24, 2013 in Depression

Watch tons of videos that are funny. Watch your dramas or shows. Keep watching. It really helps(: For me, Sertraline sucks. It doesn't help at all. But now im not taking any meds. I hope you are okay. Please talk to me if you need to (: stay happy (: xx

Best Answer

Thanks so much. I know it always passes, but in OscarWilde's De Profundis there is a quite matching phrase: “Suffering is one long moment. We cannot divide it by seasons. We can only record its moods, and chronicle their return. With us time itself does not progress. It revolves. It seems to circle round one centre of pain." Well, now it might seem pathetic, but it has reminded me, how comforting this letter is (even when it's sometimes really depressing :D). And funny videos are a great distraction, too. But as with everything - sometimes it works, sometimes not. I think I felt a bit better after setraline, but it might have been just placebo... on the other hand I fortunately didn't experience any uncomfortable side effecs besides insomnia. But I know some people really detest it.

Best Answer

It works. I always watch youtube videos and shows and play games too. I feel that for me. Having friends is not necessary. They hurt me. Now i don't have any. I feel that im not as depressed as before. I sometimes still think of it but at least it's better. Just divert your attention to something that u enjoy doing((:

Best Answer

if those meds are getting you better then get back on them.you have to control those thoughts,dont let them control you.if you put on a brave face perhaps the happiness will follow

Best Answer

Yes, this sometimes work. I never break down or complain to my family or friends... or at least I try to, maybe I do and don't know about it. But it can also get quite exhausting. Thanks for your aswer

Best Answer

no worrys...i hope you get through it alright

Best Answer

Start praying.

Best Answer

keep off the meds.

observe your thoughts for they are not yours. they come from the universe.

surrender your wants and needs to the universe and it will respond to you and heal you!

they are only thoughts that will soon pass.

at night follow and observe your breath and you will find peace.

remember, surrender your self to the universe, because you are part of it and play a very important role.

place yourself in the hands of the loving universe and you are forever carried and protected.

hope this helps :)

Best Answer

eat chocolates...they have high carbohydrates which makes you feel heavy and thirsty...and its irrestitible taste wouldn't allow you to commit suicide

Best Answer

hahah yeah, the sad things is I've eaten all my chocolates already! I will just have to wait until I can eat the tonight's excellent dinner :)

Best Answer

I just try to push the thoughts out of my head. Perhaps think of the reasons you have to live.

I have no experience with meds.

Best Answer

Thanks. I try. Usually it goes away after some time, but it's not always very comfortable... :)

Best Answer

When I have the feeling, it's very scary. For me it is short lived, thankfully.
Hang in there, if the meds work keep taking them.

Best Answer

listen depressive music

Best Answer

actually that's a good one. sometimes it works, other times it doesn't and makes things even worse... but music is a good medicine yeah

Best Answer

for me it always makes things worse, but I still do that =__= idk y

Best Answer

i dont

Best Answer

lucky you! merry christmas!

Best Answer

you to

Best Answer