Water boarding. Or you can just let them know that you're there for them and let them come to you. Personally I prefer the water boarding. XD

Best Answer

My mum went through the same situation with me, pleeeeease do not worry too much. Its clear that you care about your child since your asking her whats wrong and your looking for advice. So I doubt very much that she doesn't find you 'trustworthy' or 'loving'. I found when I had problems I'd isolate myself from my mum because first of all we're stubborn kids who think that parents won't understand and secondly I just didn't want her to worry. Unfortunately I didn't realise that by not talking to her I was making her worry even more! Anyway, my mum then visited a psychotherapist who explained to her that she should back off and stop asking 'are you ok' or 'whats wrong' so often as it frustrates your child even more. I now tell my mum EVERYTHING she still lets out the occasional "TELL ME WHATS WRONG" phrase but I now understand that she just wants to help! Hope your child is ok.... just keep an eye on him/her but don't smother them, let them come to you!

Best Answer

I use to hate it when my mom would bug me about that cause I didn't like to talk to her about stuff like that too.. just let her know that you're there if she wants to talk and leave her alone. Maybe she just wants some space.

Best Answer

If she doesnt want to talk I dont push her but just tell her she can talk to me if she wants to. I just hate to see her hurting and not be able to do anything about it and hate when I dont even realise she has been hurting over something as I feel I have let her down somehow

Best Answer

I was that kid, still am really, even though people told me I could talk to them about anything that was bothering me, but being shy and very private I never felt like I could go talk to any of them

Best Answer

This would upset me too. I read a book about communicating with kids and I thought it seemed good but I don't have kids at that age yet.

Best Answer

It sometimes really throws me how 2 children with the same parents, same upbringing etc can be so incredibly different

Best Answer

Yes that's so true.

Best Answer

A child won't talk unless they are sure you love them and you are trustworthy. It may be a process of trial and error to eventually develop this, as every child is different, some more trusting and accepting of others. Some take longer to become trusting as they are more introverted and self-conscious. They don't want to say something, if they aren't sure if they will be unconditionally accepted and respected for their feelings.

Best Answer

She probably doesn't want to talk to you about it. You either wait until she comes to you or completely forget about it. Sure you can tell her she should tell you everything, even if she's upset. But some kids don't want their parents to know.

Best Answer

I just worry sometimes because she will sometimes kind of retreat into herself and I know how unhealthy that can be

Best Answer

I think she'll be fine. You could talk to her one on one and ask her if she has anything on her mind, anything at all, she can come to you. Because I think she wants that reassurance.

Best Answer

She does know that just she has always been very private and wanting her own space. She was 3yrs old when she first let me hug her. She wouldnt even let me hold her to feed her when she was a baby. Sometimes I get worried about her. I want to do everything that I can for her but I just dont know how to deal with her most of the time and I feel that as her mother I should

Best Answer

I think mothers, they'll always worry for their little baby. But I think she's more self-independent than dependent on others. That's a good thing, no? Personally I think she will do fine but you'll always worry for her and that's a good thing. She'll come to you when she wants to. Just like how she reached out and hugged you for the first time, that was amazing to you, it will be when she reaches out again. So just wait patiently and support her no matter what she does.

Best Answer

Buy them a PS3.

Best Answer

Best Answer