Meaning you put in the effort to call them, they ignore your calls, IMS, Emails and everything...my family disowns me yet i feel like i need them to approve me....i want them to love me like they should.
MissUnperfect MissUnperfect 22-25, F 17 Answers Nov 5, 2011

You just go on living your life without them. It is a great heartache feeling abandonment from the ones who should always love you, but sometimes it is a sad reality in life. Just surround yourself with people who tell you you are doing well, and who will pick you up when you fall

Best Answer

First read Dr Phil's "Self matters". Be honest to yourself, complete it, know thy self! Create boundries for yourself, remove yourself from situations you don't want to be a part of. I married into a very dysfunctional family. Dysfunctional people tend to hate their lives/past. You'll never get them to admitt it so don't waste your energy. Sometimes people hate you because they cannot control you. My wife and her siblings are all controlled by their mother. I understand your need to be accepted/validated by your family. Sometimes, it's just impossible. Learn to be kind and thoughtful to others, live a quality life.

Best Answer

You can't make anyone love you.I have never been close to my family no matter how hard I tried and I tried hard.Adults get to choose who they associate with and you get to as well.I personally don't like going where I am not wanted even if it is family.I say work to get used to living life with out them.Make your life happy as you can on your own.They may come around one day but don't count on it.

Best Answer

Thats so sad, we all need our family regardless what age we are...I don't understand why they would do that to you love...hugs :)

Best Answer

that will never happen; my family will always make sure they keep in touch with me and that I'm ok. sorry about your family disowning you. I guess you'll have to accept it and move on. don't worry, karma will get them

Best Answer

it's their loss. if they're not able to love you it's something horribly wrong with them, not something wrong with you. my father abandoned me when i was born but i was lucky in my mom and her family. <br />
i would stop trying, and instead find some people who are worthy of you. good luck!

Best Answer

There are always two sides to every story. <br />
The question that went through my mind is what do they expect from you, and what would it take to give them what they want?<br />
It's good that you still care. Keep on caring and keep on loving them. When the time comes and they need you, you will be there for them.<br />
There's always someone you can go to, a sibling, an aunt, a grandparent, or even the family priest, and ask them to speak for you. They might not be able to solve the problem, but they might be able start the process.

Best Answer

that's when you have to really turn up...eh...Be There for yourself because you are being Abandoned and that is very tough....so I have been in the same position and what I did was love myself despite them...and be grateful and happy they want no more of you...time to live your own life!! yay, without their bullshit...

Best Answer

Depends on the moments rolling up to why they do not want to respond.

Best Answer

I was abused by them most of my life, and they have always disclaimed me since i was born

Best Answer

Why try to stay in a family that would abuse and disclaim you??

Best Answer

There my family, even tho they have did that in the past i would like to move forward and try and give them another chance.

Best Answer

It is good to talk about what hurts us, and to see others have similar problems. For our family our mother passed away and that lead to a loss and bitterness. I am the oldest, our mother was living in one of my sisters many homes. Her husband is quit wealthy. When our mother died that sister decided how things of our mothers would be divided. I was not told until it was over, they had given the things I had given to or mother to other sisters. They split up the real jewelry and then decided to allow me to pick what I wanted from the fake stuff. I had been given a statue of Jesus when our father passed away, I said I would like that, they said they had given it to another sister. That sister said I could not have it back. The sister who decided how things would be divided said it was her house and she would make the decision. I said, yes it was her house but the things in it were our mothers. It became a mess. I went to get the the stuff they said I could have, they put it on the front lawn, they threw away all our mothers angels and other knick knacks, two trash cans full. When I asked where the angels where they said I could look through the trash is I wanted them. At this point I was so hurt, I could not imagine someone throwing away things that were so precious to our mother. I said they should have at least donated them, or given them to the church. I went into a sever depression. I was very close to our mother. When she had surgery, I bathed her, feed her and this while I was working full time. My sisters said they could not even come on the weekends to give me a break, because they had things to do.
I expressed my feels and they no longer talk to me. I have been shunned for two years now. Not only are they not talking to me, but my nieces an nephews from my sisters have also shunned me. One of them I was close to and now has nothing to do with me. they say they are a good Christian family but how can they be when they act like this. I have now given it to God. I have worked through losing our mother and my sisters and their family. I am extremely hurt, but I have no control of their decisions. All I know is God will make the final decision and yes as one writer said Karma will come back to bit them.
I must go on. Life is a daily gift and if they do not want to be part of mine I can not make them. I have done things they will never know about that are positive for other people. God has put me in a place I can help others because I know how they feel. Maybe that is why we are put into the situation, so we can help others and move on.

Best Answer

I know it's 2012 and you probably have moved on by now. I am in a situation that's like yours though not quite the same. My parents just recently stopped talking to me. They do not approve of me running my own life or of who I am. Even though the thought still makes me cry I fined it helps to have loving friends that don't mined acting as temp family from time to time. Though I love my family and can talk any time I want in doing so I am in my own way forcing them to talk to me. They made it clear they don't care to talk so I've let them go. Love your friends like family and let them help you threw it all.

Best Answer