supplespanked supplespanked 36-40, F 12 Answers Aug 6, 2012 in Parenting & Family

You and your husband need to have a talk. It's important that you do as soon as possible and hopefully before the vacation. My in-laws hate me too so I have had years of experience on this topic. <br />
Always keep in mind that your in-laws don't have to like you but they do have to respect you. Both you and your husband should make SURE they know and understand that. If your in-laws refuse to cooperate then I say you've done your part. Do not go on vacation with them. Hopefully your husband will completely understand your position. Don't hold hold your breath though. Mine never understood and still doesn't get it. He loves them so he deals with them. I refuse to associate with such toxic people so I go nowhere near my in-laws. Not a perfect alternative but its what's necessary for now.

Best Answer

He is your husband, you should go and ill tell you why. to not go would first give his parents prime opportunity to talk down about you to him. second by not being there you have now in there minds, let them win. And your husaband will have a better time with you there. So you should go, BUT dont go with hatred or ill feelings on your heart, and dont try to impress them or prove anything, just simply be as polite,friendly,and kind to them as you can. Even if they in your face talking down to you, be kind to them. over time they will change, if they dont then you should not change because of it. Show them your bond with your husband can not be broken. Just my opinion Hare Krishna

Best Answer

hire assassins

Best Answer

Suspect that I have married the wrong man. I could not be married to a person that would insist I vacation with people who hate me. Still, if he is merely trying to create a situation where you guys can become more of a family and get to like each other, maybe you should try. It all depends on how much you husband supports you and if he stands up to his parents and insists they respect his choice.

Best Answer

Make him happy and go. I'm sure he would do the same.

Best Answer

That sounds like a gooooood time...NOT. Tell them you have a nail appointment..lol

Best Answer

Explain to him how you feel about how they act towards you. Communication is the only way past this..... Going on a trip with them would only make matters worse..You have to solve the issues first.

Best Answer

You go along and be as invisible as possible and when you can't be invisible you be as tight lipped as possible.The vacation will be over before you know and then you won't have to deal with them till the next vacation.

Best Answer

haha i don't do invisable, and tight lipped is well an unreachable goal for me, lol. i'm a mind speaker, full audio kinda girl, but i wish i could be someone else in this situation, thanks for the advise, maybe someday.

Best Answer

Well hold your tongue as best as you can then ,wish you well.

Best Answer

Plan a vacation with your husband instead

Best Answer