Sarephine Sarephine 13-15 7 Answers Dec 28, 2013 in Parenting & Family

My parents were the same way. They were that way all my life, even though I am now 63. The only thing you can do is disown your parents, when you are old enough to achieve independence.

There will be poetic justice. The day will come when she is elderly and as much dependent on you as you are dependent on her now. When that day comes, you can tell her to go to hell, reminding her that it is payback time for how she mistreated you when you were young.

Best Answer

I don't know though. She might be an over controlling freak. But I think it would just be easier to disappear. From both my parents. My fathers just a creep. Leave someplace far away were she can never find me.

Best Answer

accept it till you're old enough to move

Best Answer

I've tried! but it fails. Trying to accept it just makes her control you more!!!!!!

Best Answer

Remember this: the thoughts are free. Never give up on the things you want. She may force you to change your behavior, but never let her change your thoughts. Don't allow your mind to conform.

On the other hand, don't rebel. It's easier to do things the sneaky way; play the perfect son/daughter in her face and get the things you want behind her back. This will also make her more trusting and less controlling over time.

Learn how to lie effectively. (Pro tip: effective lying requires as little actual lies as possible. Also, keep your stories short and believable -if you can make yourself look stupid, do so, it'll make you more credible- OR so outrageously unlikely that no one would suspect you lied it all together. Both ways work like a charm if you can keep a straight face.)

It's not easy, and if your age group on here is correct there'll be some years that you'll have a hard time getting the things you want in the quantities you want them… but you can make do. As time goes by you will become better and better at leading your double life, and eventually you'll have the means to break free and be who you want to be.

Best Answer

Yeah I am leaving a double life buts its hard when your home schooled and stuck under her foot the entire time. And I hate lying but I tend to do it a lot.

Best Answer

I know how you feel. Hang in there, better days are coming. You won't forever be stuck with her.

Best Answer

Thanks! I try to keep a positive outcome but it cracks at times.

Best Answer

Live with it and respect it. I had one of those. Looking back from this point in my life, I am glad she was that way. She was looking out for my best interest, though I couldn't see it at the time.

Best Answer

But its not my best interest! I never leave the house. I haven't talked to any of my friends unless they come to my house. To contact me my friend had to go through my sister! And when she was over we did chores the entire time! I can never use the computer without her watching over my shoulder. I don't even have privacy in my own room!

Best Answer

I don't know both sides of your dilemma. You aren't ready for grown up freedoms at your age, though you may think you are. Don't be in too big a hurry to grow up. Grownup life will not be what you expect it to be.

Best Answer

Being an adult isn't easy I know. I'm not like 'it will be so much easier no one can tell me what to do!'
it's going to be hard, and a struggle. Getting a good job so forth.
I'm not in a big hurry but I just want her to stop hanging over my shoulder every second of the day. I can't even watch PG-13 movies without her freaking out if it even has close to a sex scene, or even if they kiss.
I'm not asking for complete grownup freedom, just a small amount right now. Not having someone breath down my neck at ever moment and compare me to my younger sister. Who is so much better than me!!!!!!!! Actually shes more of a spoiled brat who thinks she can boss me around.
Sorry I get livid when people tell me being grown up isn't want I think it will be like. I know it won't but maybe just maybe it will.

Best Answer