pfloyd121 pfloyd121 46-50, M 9 Answers Dec 27, 2013 in Community

For all I know, nothing could continue once I'm gone. It is entirely possible, if not probable, that all that I know is a construct shaped solely for me, and intimately tied to my "existence". Going by that, there would be absolutely nothing left.

But what do I expect to continue? Life, death, sorrow, joy, kind beings, cruel beings, non-sentient creatures and plants, sentient creatures (and plants) apart from humanity, the pursuit of knowledge, willful ignorance, and on and on and on and on and on... Why must humanity be so very complex?

Best Answer

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles until death :)

Best Answer

Well, you are certainly no ignoramus. Yours is a most interesting response. You know, sometimes I wonder if there are immortal beings here on Earth. I am inclined to disbelieve such things, despite nothing in the world we know being truly certain. I would think that there would be evidence pointing to immortals and their effects on everything if they did exist, but who really knows? The uncertainty of life plagues the existence of every human being in impossibly numerous fashions. But it does provide me with an endless supply of topics to ruminate on. I wonder how many other members of the human race consider such things... Anyway, I should stop babbling and go do the dishes. Though I feel the need to mention one last stray thought, because why not? It occurred to me, just now, how odd it is that I can complete such mundane, everyday tasks as doing the dishes, as I contemplate abstract topics like existence itself and humanity and morality, etc... Sorry, I just let the words flow from my head to the "paper". Inside my head is not a place one would desire to be, I think. Now I really am done rambling. Sorry again for the disjointedness of my words.

Best Answer

never apologise for anything you say your response is very intelligent and i thank you for saying what you believe is true happy 2014 to you and all the best for your future :)

Best Answer

What left of the world

Best Answer

The air that I breathed and the atoms that I consumed shall go on.........

......................... and on, touched by my essence.

mx:))

Best Answer

excellent :)

Best Answer

I thought so too......... YEAY! mx:))

Best Answer

Change.

Best Answer

in what way ?

Best Answer

In every way.

Best Answer

greed, proverty, homeliness, corporate fraud, and people still being people.

Best Answer

the past present and future :)

Best Answer

unless some great miracle changes everything.

Best Answer

The world spinning

Best Answer

yes yes yes but what else ?

Best Answer

How I made others feel.

Best Answer

Oh, several things! Aids, poverty, discrimination, hunger and famine, and religion.

Best Answer

yes and rising food prices with lower wages :)

Best Answer

my bloodline

Best Answer

i should think so too :)

Best Answer