oil extraction and forest clearing.

Best Answer

I think all in all, the planet itself is pretty self-sustaining. Like a human body, the planet is capable of taking care of itself using it's very own resources. It fights against infection like pollution, it's capable of auto-regeneration like the water cycle and the birth and decay of living organisms, it's also in a state of harmony with itself, capable of re-establishing balance whenever there's a shift. The problem isn't the planet, but rather the infection that's afflicting it: humans. <br />
I'm not saying everyone needs to die, of course not! We're just overstaying our welcome on Earth, kind of like when you go to someone's house. After a while, you start getting annoying and the house keeper wants to get rid of you. I think the Earth just might do that one day, unless we kill ourselves first. Instead of just blindly taking advantage of our planet, we should at least make a place in the balance it's created. We need to be polite and understanding towards it's needs, replace what we take, ease the flow of it's cycles and seek not to manipulate the Earth but rather live in peace with it. It's all hippie talk, but it's very true! The more harmonized we become with the planet, the less degeneration will occur, which is a win win situation for everyone and everything!

Best Answer

The ruling elite,who care only for profit and power.

Best Answer