Just read a phrase-"Did you sniff too much glue as a kid???" What does that mean?
saiforever saiforever 18-21, F 7 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Health

Sniffing glue refer4s to model airplane glue, whose active ingredient is acetone. It was, for a short time in the early seventies fashionable for high-school kids to sniff the fumes to get high. Therefore the reference to killed brain cells, and damaged mental capacity.

Best Answer

It depends on if you're talking about plastic, or wood model glue.

Best Answer

I'm sure you're right, come to think of it. Acetone is the active ingredient in nail polish remover. Airplane glue is celluloid dissolved in toluene, as you said.

Best Answer

Glue I guess use to get people high when they couldn't afford a dime bag.

Best Answer

very easy for the kids to buy huge tines of glue like Evo stick transfer it to a plastic bag and inhale, when sniffe it feels like you have a helicopter in your head and your heart beats faster, eventually after too much you pass out.

Best Answer

ugh! passing out is not very nice

Best Answer

Elmer's always got me high

Best Answer

how high? just curious..

Best Answer

About three feet off the ground---I'd coat myself in the stuff then jump against the wall

Best Answer

:D nice...

Best Answer

Solvent abuse... Im an 80s kid sooo I grew up seeing glue tubes and lighter refill cans all over the place... but it fcks peoples brains up

Best Answer

so it seems...just read an article about it :(

Best Answer

fumes from glue not the actual putting glue in your nose. Fumes from glue cut down on oxygen in the body. This gives what feels like a high to people. It kills off brain cells because of the lack of oxygen. Anyhow if someone is saying it to you it means they are curious if you have done something to kill off brain cells meaning they think you have less than average (guess that's the nice way to say it).

Best Answer

:D I read it in a fiction story.
And all my brain cells are alive and functional, no sniffing for me:)

Best Answer

Good news.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer