First, how old was he? Was this an unexpected/untimely death? It all depends on the circumstances....if he had been fighting cancer and knew he was going soon, then she was probably better prepared to deal with it...and that would be an easy task....but if it was unexpected, give her some space and listen to her...help her with arrangements or cooking or clean her house...stuff like that...

Best Answer

He had liver trouble but he hemorrhaged unexpectedly yesterday.He had an appointment next week to see about a transplant.We all thought we had much more time with him.

Best Answer

I'm so sorry for your lose....A friend of mine nearly bled to death from taking too much medication....blood thinners from a stroke he'd had last Feb...it's never easy to lose a loved one...My sister was murdered 2 years ago...and I lost my father to cancer 3 months later....

Best Answer

First of all it would really depend on the relationship that you two had,so you can know just how relaxed you should be with her.Although not saying a word sometime says more then you think.Just her seeing you there and helping in any way she may need.At times like these people who are left behind have so much to do making all the arrangements they don't have time to really let everything sink in.It will be in the days after the funeral that you should really be her shoulder to cry on.You will do fine just by asking the question shows that you care.But if all else fails you can tell her ....Two snowmen are standing on the corner and one snowman says to the other snowman ...It smells like carrots..J/K wish you well

Best Answer

Haha:) Thanks

Best Answer

You'll be just fine

Best Answer

Whatever comes from your heart.<br />
Maybe a I remember story from your childhood..<br />
Please remember to stay in touch after the funeral particularly when 3 to 6 months passes by.

Best Answer

That's really good advice (to stay in touch).I remember after my grandfathers funeral my grandmother needed people to talk to after the initial shock wore off.Thanks.

Best Answer

I agree with the others. There is nothing you can say to take away the hurt she feels. Express your feelings of sorrow and offer to be there for her. The best thing you can do is make the offer after the funeral when she is alone.

Best Answer

Thank you,I was wondering when the best time would be.Very helpful.

Best Answer