I saw my niece do this, and I didn't say anything because her parents were there. What should I have said, if anything?
Sage360 Sage360 41-45, F 24 Answers Aug 5, 2009

Encourage her a little out of sarcasm. Say something like, "Ya know if you keep doing that you might be able to fit an orange up there someday! Wouldn't that be funny? Someone walking around with oranges in their nose!"

That would be enough to have her laughing pretty good and she may not even do it again. But if she does then you can ignore what she's doing because there's no physical, possible way someone can stick an orange up their nose and she'll finally get it, but she learns from that instead of just following orders.

"Get that marble out of your nose before you end up with brain damage!"

Best Answer

I suppose that's one way of not losing all your marbles.....lol

Best Answer

Hi Sage360

what is wrong with doing that? Seems harmless exploring to me.

:)

Best Answer

Why not cut to the chase and take away her marbles? That would end the issue right there. If you have to, challenge her to a game of marbles and WIN them all away from her. LOL

Best Answer

You should've beckoned her over quietly and when she got to you been like "shove another ball up your nose and I'll go out and get the tennis balls, see how well you like those shoved up your nose." Nah, you should've just told her to cut it out, and that if she pushes them up too far she's gonna have a serious problem...

Best Answer

Take them to see Dr House

Best Answer

tell her that golf balls would work better

Best Answer

you should have said you daft child are you aware how dangerous that is, then you should have turned to the parents and said what are you lot playing at, dont allow her to do that!...simple really.

Best Answer

ew. I would say, "now that's not very attractive!!" Hopefully letting her know doing that isn't pretty will motivate her to stop since all little girls want to be pretty.

Best Answer

How badly it hurts to take them out...

Best Answer

Tell the out come of doing it. "Marbles will hurt your nose and you may have to go to the doctor to get one out. That won't be fun and might hurt too." Talking about "danger" or harm is easy and not scary for 3 yr olds.They listen and learn.

Best Answer

You tell her "Don't stick marbles up your nose honey. You won't be able to breathe." Then get her to hold her nose to see how it fels if you can't breathe . . .

Once she gets the idea, ask her parents WHY they didn't say anything. . . WTF???

Best Answer

That's gonna hurt.

I started like that and now bizarely I have a sneezing addiction.if you want the details of how that works message me...I am not bothered about it but it is a weird thing to like doing!!

Has she ended up in casuality yet.............

Wonder why she likes doing it?

Best Answer