JadeLane JadeLane 26-30 11 Answers Dec 11, 2012 in Hobbies

I'm not charmed by cheap people. Not even a little bit.

Best Answer

Living below your means generates wealth. One could learn a lot from a cheapskate.

Best Answer

I appreciate what you mean...but the people that I am thinking of do not really live below their means. For example, they have to buy something at every "sale" or if there is a free giveaway with a certain purchase, they get their thrills out of getting free stuff but they spend money to get this "free" stuff. Whereas, if they did not buy anything at the sale, they would receive a 100% discount! I guess to me, there is a distinct difference between cheap and frugal. Frugal being wise, living below their means, as you say. Cheap, being greedy, haggling, and money-obsessed.

Best Answer

Concur.

Best Answer

One person's cheap is another one's thrifty.

Best Answer

Best Answer

They will be laughing their butts off when your broke and they still have their money.

Best Answer

I know it! But if my friend were broke and I had extra resources, I would be offering to give them some. I guess that's why I will always be broke haha

Best Answer

Shouldn't judge, as there may be extenuating circumstances as to why they appear cheap.

Best Answer

True...I guess I just get frustrated because I have little, yet am always giving. And I find that the first to ask is always the last to give.

Best Answer

Ditto

Best Answer

I dont think that works for me. Extenuating circumstances to appearing Cheap. Cheap is Cheap! i knew a man now dead who sold ne of his small companies for 72 mil USD and raged because he felt ripped off. He picked up his social security from somewhere in a chauffeur driven R.R. The chauffer's hands were listed as lethal weapons (body guard) He was one of the most miserable,nasty Sob's"in the world"and I have lots more of these little gems if this comes up again.

Best Answer

Right now I have to walk poochie and buy food SEEE y'all later..

Best Answer

I actually feel sorry for them to not really understand what it feels like to be generous to others.

Best Answer

Lets define "cheap" U mean Skinflints? perhaps they're low on moneY,u mean cheap jokes that are damaging to others...block 'em. what kind of cheap.

Best Answer

I don't mean people who are low on money, that are struggling or frugal (wise with how they spend because they need to). I mean people with a lot of money, multiple properties, who haggle every dollar and are not ever generous toward another. Basically, those who see how much they can take, and never give.

Best Answer

Got it..... You mean the misers. .. like Scrooge (Charles Dickins.) Well they are pretty disgusting aren't they and thats one of the ways to get rich. They are miserable, unhappy A**l compulsives , who don't even have the wit to enjoy their own money. However when they die, they prolly have give it to charity, altho they had no personal ( feelings)charity of their own.They aren't happyJade. I've known a few, and they cant and don't collect happyness.

Best Answer

They drive you nuts? Look at the bright side, you haven't got far to go. Personally I think your already there. The two have nothing in common, depending on your point of view, I'm "Cheap", and proud of it. But I defy anyone to call me 'greedy', I have never taken anything from anyone and I will share whatever I have with anyone I know ( and on occasion with people I don't know ). I know for a fact, I'm much more generous with what I have than many with much, much more.

Best Answer

Well if you are as generous as you say, then you probably are not the cheap that I am referring to. The cheap people I encounter are obsessed with money and keeping it and everything they have to themselves. Always the last to give, which is not how you describe yourself. Don't take offense to my post, I am venting with a few particular people in mind.

Best Answer

So why r u responding in a defensive manner.? Puzzled

Best Answer