as opposed to long summer vacations. I'm sure there are good reasons for them, but I think kids need the break!
NiceNMyWorld NiceNMyWorld 46-50 16 Answers Aug 2, 2009

As a former student, I think it sucks. As a teacher, I'm for it. Kids regress so badly over the summer, I spend so much time "catching up" when they could be learning new things.

Best Answer

I think my kid learns more during her vacations than from a whole year in school , LOL !!!!

Best Answer

I think they need the rest/a break, they are no robots. For adults its already difficult to go on and on and on. Kids also need time for themselves, a time that is used differently then how the time is used at school. A little bit of freedom for the heart. I remember that for me it was very good and needed.

Best Answer

I think it's a good idea... not to lose the WHOLE summer but to give more days off during the year and have less time off during the summer. The major advantage is that we (teachers) wouldn't have to rush the curriculum and could spend more time on the material and less time reviewing. There would also be more time for remediation, hands-on things like field trips, etc. I think it would have positive benefits.<br />
And I wouldn't have to go so long without a paycheck either... ;)

Best Answer

Why?....Are you sure it's not the teachers that do not <br />
want to teach!

Best Answer

I think that there are pros and cons to this idea, the obvious con is that children do not get as long of a break, but a pro of extended school years is that children get to maintain a level of knowledge throughout their education as opposed to having spend so much of the beginning of the school year trying to catch up to where the previous school year left off.

Best Answer

i think its a good idea,kids are there to learn,it figures if they are there longer they will learn more.the summer holidays can really put the stress on young familys,keeping the kids happy & amused is a full time job in its self,most of the things they want to do also costs money.

Best Answer

kids need a break. They get burned out. What is so wrong about letting kids be kids for 3 fu ck ing months out of the year?

Best Answer