turtlesplash turtlesplash 41-45, M 9 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Hobbies

A hero.

Best Answer

he's no hero to me, but neither would i cast him as any kind of villain - and he's certainly a seminal figure and a truly historical one - few make such a dramatic mark on the world

Best Answer

We live in a society that is become ever-closer to Orwell's fiction. To find truth you must break boundaries and challenge society as a whole, which is exactly what Julian did. He's aware that what he did is illegal (kinda, I have the flu and detail really isn't what I wanna go into right now), but without that information being leaked, the chances are this stuff would go unnoticed by the masses. The government would get away with so much more, and what they're doing to Assange is exactly what's expected of a government trying to keep a secret. I have my own views around the whole thing. i am 100% sure he didn't sexually assault ANYONE. He leaked a lot of very important things to the American government, and anyone with half a brain knows that American Government is the most lying, secretive organisations you'll ever come across. If Assange comes out of this alive, I'll be shocked.

Best Answer

A hero! We need more whistle blowers like him and Manning.

Best Answer

poor Manning - i really feel for that kid

Best Answer

Hes a pervert that is hiding behind some good work he has done.

Best Answer

never thought abouth him

Best Answer

He is a pioneer.

Best Answer

i don't think anyone would disagree with that - not his fans or his haters

Best Answer

Whistle-blowers and truth-tellers should be honoured, not demonized. I support him and Manning, and all others like him. ♥

Best Answer

kinda overrated to be honest, I mean I get the idea of providing a platform to expose things that would otherwise be hidden. Though more often than that whatever it is that's going on with him becomes a distraction, and that's what I have a problem with.

Best Answer

i know what you mean - he's done a lot of damage to the important causes he claims to put above everything else

Best Answer

I think it is a shame on his country Australia that they have abandoned a citizen that is being oppressed by America and the UK for revealing the truth.

Best Answer

australia is somewhat gutless when it comes to standing up politically for the rights of our citizens overseas - in relation to the US particularly

Best Answer

the new dv laws here are worse than what tripped him up in sweden (former champions) I severely doubt you'll see him in australia again. I dont think hes that silly. Ecuador sounds much smarter.

Best Answer

I agree wholeheartedly.

Best Answer

i don't have such a problem with his ideals [though he is a little naive in some ways] as i do with him at a personal level - i try not to be too judgmental however because i can see how tortured he has become, and how he suffers - and i certainly don't blame him for fearing extradition from Sweden to the US - while i have no doubt he's a sleaze and an emotional BS artist, i very much doubt he genuinely raped anyone - but he's painted himself into this corner and proved that he doesn't have the courage of his own convictions, for he's shown that he's happy to put other people's lives at risk with his publications, but not his own - for nothing would do his cause more good than to face the charges and test America's proclaimed values in the process - but few people will face potential martyrdom openly, and poor Assange seems to hardly understand the irony of the terrible dilemma he has created for himself --- for me though, perhaps most important, is that many of his failings are not so far from my own, so i try to check my harsher judgements of the man

Best Answer

it's a riveting drama

Best Answer

Seems like a modern day muckraker

Best Answer

that's not entirely untrue, but if i am generous to you, i would say you are being glib

Best Answer

To be fair, this question was the first time I've heard of the guy. I did a surface analysis, so to speak. So, I suppose it's appropriate to call my statement glib if I was incorrect.

Best Answer

well, you can't really be incorrect given that i only asked your opinion

Best Answer