DarkBlackKnight DarkBlackKnight 18-21, F 10 Answers Jul 29, 2012

Loved it, hope they bring out a DVD :) Can't understand why some Americans did not understand the NHS bit (National Health Service). Basically universal health care "From cradle to grave" for all. Prior to it's formation poor people died from lack of funds to seek medical attention, so something to be very proud of.

The deaf choir singing the national anthem brought tears to my eyes. Loved the celebration of the World Wide Web, and it's creator taking a bow, wow chills. Surprised !!! That the American network cut out the tribute to those who died in the London bombings the day after we won the bid !!! A really thoughtful touch I think.

I could go on and on, yes I loved it, even heard the fireworks from where I live :)

Best Answer

I also didn't get about NHS. But that part was beautiful. I thought it might be special thing. And it is good to give a chance to some kids like that. Anyway the 1st part is nice. But the last part, I didn't get it. Lots of songs and dancing. I don't know how its special and didn't see any traditional or cultural thing. For me it was 50% 50%. I was expect mooooooooooooooore. :(

Best Answer

Well the dance sequenced tied into how we communicate today. The texting (present form of communicate) set over the music over the years, showing the progression of time.That was the creator of the World Wide Web he stood up to take a bow in the house at the end. His gift to the world, gave it away for free !! (Sir Timothy Bernes-Lee). Can't remember the message but think it was "This is for everyone" went around the Stadium.

Best Answer

Ok. Actually I was wonder about what was that.

Best Answer

I watched it in the UK on BBC, so no commercials can't imagine what it would have been like with the constant breaks. Fingers crossed they bring out a director's cut haha for all the people who did not quite get it.

Best Answer

Im an American... I LOVED IT!

Best Answer

Coming from an American standpoint I found it weird...what was up with the "sick" kids doing cartwheels in their beds while the nannies "sang" during the opening ceremony for the sickly hospital benefits ....or something like that. Having 007 escort the queen to the ceremonies (in the very beginning) was cool, but it was more like a movie setting and i didn't buy it.

Best Answer

hmm.................

Best Answer

Yeah come on...go with me on this Madu22...it WAS a weird opening ceremony you have to give it that??

Best Answer

No it is not. But I don't like the last part. It was beautiful. But not creative. Part of the queen is cool.

Best Answer

It was far too long and too boring.

Best Answer

It was noisy.

Best Answer

Ridiculously boring, a mismatch of frightening giant baby with floating Mary Poppins to landscapers rolling up grass. Of course, people found it strange - dancing nurses, kids jumping on beds. I guess Americans like quality with its powerhouse of entertainment tastes

Best Answer

I think it just shows how different the States are from the rest of the world. We have to have a HUGE Hollywood production to keep our attention. I have to admit it was very Brit oriented, but hey-it was their turn to shine and in today's world, well the "world" no longer rotates around the USA's butt. So I liked it but it was way different than I had ever seen for the opening of the Olympics for sure. Steph in SC

Best Answer

Absolutely Fab!! ...:)

Best Answer

I missed most of the opening ceremonies but I did see Paul peform Hey Jude and thought it was ok but could have been so much better. Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the opening ceremonies?

Best Answer

There was Mr. Been also. Maybe you can search on Youtube? But for me, it is not creative as I thought and didn't see any cultural thing.

Best Answer

there's a bunch of stuff on youtube right now.

Best Answer

short little clips. Everything is being removed by the Olympic Committee's orders. They are serious about nothing being posted on any social site.

Best Answer