seattlegirl123 seattlegirl123 18-21, F 7 Answers Dec 21, 2010

lying is wrong, no ifs ands or buts about it<br />
truth hurts sometimes, but its necessary...it keeps reality in check for us all

Best Answer

Perhaps lying will protect at that exact moment. But chances are, the truth will eventually be found out and feelings will be hurt.

Best Answer

very true

Best Answer

I think that is probably an overused excuse.

Best Answer

a lot of people are probably going to tell you that they would never lie...blah blah blah... but I think this is one of those things that unless you are in that specific situation you really can't say for sure. A couple of years ago I would have put on my righteous hat and told you that nothing good ever came from a lie but consider this: my kid was excited about adopting this beautiful dog, i got a phone call the same day we were picking him that he had some respiratory problems and the shelter didn't think he was going to make it, a few hour later they called to say the dog was dead. I couldn't tell my kid that, she was so happy and well, it is xmas time. I lied and made myself the bad guy and said that I had re-considered and that the dog was too big for our family. I gave her the chance to pick another one. I will in the future confess my lie but not right now.

Best Answer

Sometimes in extreme circumstances you may have to deceive or withold information to protect those you love. An outright lie to a direct question is never good and guilt is dreadfully destructive so always needs to be for incredibly good and never selfish reasons

Best Answer