I got through watching a 2 hour show featuring footage recorded by two teen brothers who walked a beach after there was a massive whale beaching and find a live but injured mermaid; 2: scientists from the NOAA project who were told of and later collected from a fisherman odd remains found in a large shark; 3: a male scientist pulled out a sting ray barb he found stuck into the body of the shark, keeps it, later they find (in shark) the handle made of bone that this barb neatly fits into 4: NOAA - studies the remains where they put together, found bones of hands and hip bones attached to bones of a partially digested dolphin-like tail; 5: pieces of the skull (from the same shark) is sent to an expert who recreates what the complete skull would have looked like / it is humanoid; 6: recording of unknown animal/species "communicating" with dolphins, a recording of unknown species communicating together intelligently from another location... Very odd story- true? False?
BluOmni BluOmni 31-35, F 11 Answers Jul 16, 2012

Docuhoax. It was fun to watch, but I fact checked it and then felt totally burned for the time I spent watching it. I could've used that time here on EP! :)

Best Answer

I found it to be very intriguing. Whether or not I believe mermaids may swim the oceans right now, I do believe that perhaps they did once upon a time.<br />
The most convincing argument that persuades me of this is because people all over the world see these mysterious creatures and have disturbingly similar ideas of what these creatures look like. <br />
In addition, dolphins are practically trained to help people. And how would we have trained wild dolphins to assist people in fishing? or even shark attacks? (not on this show, but I was watching a shark attack victim who survived because a colony of dolphins killed the shark). They are very trusting of people. So doesn't it seem possible perhaps they think we are these mermaids that they fraternize and adore so much? I think there is a very real possibility that we have cousins who live underwater, making bonds with sea-life.<br />
And with the bones, (assuming these are legit), I feel there's a good possibility that our fairy tales are ba<x>sed on something a little more realistic. However, they are hiding, so we ought to leave them alone.

Best Answer

What about the fisherman who have found spears in the sharks and large fish they have caught deep at sea? Weird. They had an interesting evolution explanation for the "aquatic apes" that evolved with land ape counterparts to become increasingly intelligent.

Best Answer

Oh! I totally forgot about that. How they found those spears made out of stingray spines! That some creature had the mental capability to disarm and stingray, then make a weapon out of it and use it to feed themselves. That was also a really good point I found in there, can't believe I forgot about it!!

Best Answer

I think the photos with the spears through sharks bodies was faked for this documentary, but the theory is real, obviously.

Best Answer

I'm so mad I'm about to blow a gasket over this- something this monumental has no right being kept from mankind! They're just covering they're tracks. For years people have been saying that their underwater sonar has been killing whales and dolphins- now we know it's killing what's prob the greatest discovery in thousands of years. If I was younger i'd be selling my house, buying a boat & trying to find them myself! If it weren't real then why did they go and confiscate the remains from the scientists laboratory? Why go to the teens houses and try and intimidate them? I think even the scientists were intimidated- cuz If you noticed at the end they all said they are no longer looking for the mermaids- UH WHY NOT? cuz they were threatened.

Best Answer

Um, you do know that some of this documentary, including evidence videos were fake,right? As for the govt. they have their reasons and if they don't want you to know, then you won't. I know people who have worked in high up government agencies and this is how they operate. Overall, this mock documentary was made for the purpose of entertainment and to expand ones mind to the possibilities of mermaids.

Best Answer

Do they taste good with bbq sauce?

Best Answer

The atlantis civilization had to survive somehow...whats better then cross=genetics with a dolphin or something of the such

Best Answer

I find the Aquatic Ape Theory intriguing as well as plausible, despite how outlandish it may sound. I do however find the documentary's depiction of this theory clever and very thought provoking. I am an open minded individual, so I believe in the possibility of mermaids.<br />
We have only discovered a small portion of the species on this planet, so why not mermaids? The Ocean in particular has many unknown species, so why is it that the idea of mermaids is immediately debunked as nonsense? <br />
If they ever did existed, we as a human race probably devoured them or they are possibly still alive. Think of it this way, the pattern of our social development shows that we humans are not good at coexisting. We are always fighting against each other to remain the top dog, as it were. Due to the fact that there have been some actual sightings throughout history I find the theory plausible. One must also remember that there have been many cultures that have depicted the same creature despite the fact that they've never come in contact with one another. <br />
As for the Govt. role in all of this. They are always out to protect their special interests, especially with military and oil, which in this documentary, both coincide with the state of our oceans today. Overall I believe the purpose of this documentary was to shed light on sonar testing and oil reserves that are affect the ocean and marine life. Also, I believe the creator wanted us to expand our minds and think of the possibility of mermaids. That, and Animal Planet wanted to make *** loads of money by creating this clever hoax.<br />
In conclusion, we all have our own interpretations of the truth, but nature, like the so-called doctor on the documentary says, " Look to nature, because nature doesn't lie."

Best Answer

if that video was suppose to be the real footage, it looked fake to me because they did a close up on the had that just so happend to move. idk. weird.

Best Answer

I haven't got the Discovery channel. There's enough rubbish to watch on the other channels. It sounds a bit fishy to me.

Best Answer

I disconnected my cable.

Best Answer