Well its better than some paedophile stealing the child when you are not watching them

Best Answer

They are quite necessary. If your child is a runner, you'd never catch him before he got in the road or disappeared into a crowd.

Best Answer

I used to think they were f'd up until I turned my back in a store for a few seconds to grab something off of a shelf and when I turned back around, my son was gone. He was 3 at the time. I almost puked, that's how terrifying it was. I found him not far away and he was okay. Soon after that, I started using one. It only took a few times of using it and he learned NEVER to wander again.

Best Answer

It keeps their children out of my way.

Best Answer

Sitting a child in front of a tv all day is dehumanizing, a child harness isnt so bad.

Best Answer

safe. there have been no conclusive studies that say leashes are detrimental to the childs health. I wish more parents used them.

Best Answer

I believe it is sometimes a good idea. I used one with my son when he was little. The deal was this, if he'd stay with me and hold my hand when I needed him to, specifically in those busy parking lots, then he didn't have to wear the "leash", but when he broke away from me, he would be put on the leash for the rest of our outing.

Best Answer

I have twin nieces I constantly see the running wether its around racks at stores or towards the road. I believe leashes are stupid but some children need them to be safe. My bro is the best father I've ever met but children don't always listen I'd rather have my kid on a leash then kidnapped or in the road dead!!!!!

Best Answer

I dont yet have children but I wouldnt hesitate to use one. Some people might call it dehumanizing but in this world we live in full of its dangers and whatnot...an overly hyper,curious,rebellious "runner" child could become prey for some sick freak. Id much rather have the child safe and cared for,with me...thats my job as a parent.

Best Answer

Lose your niece in a mall for 10 seconds sometime...you'll love them

Best Answer

I think a kiddy harness is much safer than loosing your kid in the market. My cousin used to wander off...he was so undisciplined .....it was really hard to be his caregiver. Once one of those boys working in a giant supermarket (in another country) had to capture him for us. A kiddy harness would have been much safer.

Best Answer

i think some parents have to do it cause if they dont their kid runs away from them and walks in front of cars, they dont have a choice,

Best Answer

I think they're dumb.<br />
And the leashes are dumb too.

Best Answer

I've witnessed kids being dehumanized by their parents and since it does not usually have to do with safety of the child I will vote that the leash is not dehumanizing. We tried them some when our kids were small but I just could never get used to it. Seemed more a problem than a help. But I can understand the reasoning behind using one.

Best Answer

For one child, maybe excessive. But for people with more, they probably save lives. I've seen toddlers attempting to make a break for it.

Best Answer

Prison Break :P

Best Answer

Some children are hyper and prone to running into things head first. It's for their safety.

Best Answer

Honestly, I wore a kiddy leash as a toddler. I didn't find it weird or wrong, I still don't. It made me more aware of staying near my parents in crowded places. Bear in mind I do tend to stray more frequently now that I'm older. My parents didn't use a leash for my other siblings and half the time they are just off somewhere, who knows if they've been kidnapped or not. Kids don't always listen to their parents and stay near them, a leash helps control a child that could wander off and get lost or worse.

Best Answer

Safe; they can save a child from kidnappers, getting lost in the crowds or getting hit by a vehicle. i speak from experience. <><

Best Answer

You know, its not fair because when my son runs around, rolls in the dirt, eats the dirt, plays in the dirt, then darts of running so fast he head butts someone leg because he couldn't slow down enough, or he tries to grab someones beer, hair, or whatever...because he just so freaking fascinated being out side like I keep him in a cage. They already judge me because he so full of energy and driving me mad. So if I do get a leash lol and put it on him..I will be judged, either way mothers are judged...especially by people who have boring children who sit still or by people who do not have children. I've seen it before and I will just laugh

Best Answer

Better than their children running amok and getting snatched by a *********. I worked in a Walmart store as a greeter for over a year and several regular customers who came into the store were registered sex offenders. Saw one of them smiling one afternoon, peeping over a display near the self-check registers, he was watching a small child while the mother checked out her items.

Best Answer