*legalization of marijuana meaning; the legality of recreational use not just medical.
thelastpanda thelastpanda 18-21, F 18 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in WTK

I'll answer in reverse. I don't believe in smoking it and will not smoke it ever again.... My parents used to make my older sister bring me along when she went out to see if that would prevent her from doing bad things... it didn't. She introduced me to friends who smoked pot and I was about 10 at the time. It makes people loose sight of what is important and get lazy enough to not care.<br />
That said, I think they should legalize it already. Tax it, regulate it, use the hemp for good things and cut the funding from the cartels. Having it illegal has not stopped any of the teens I know from smoking it whenever they want.

Best Answer

I think it should be legal to smoke marijuana because in general it does less damage to your body than cigarettes and alcohol which are already legal, BUT for those who are lifestyle smokers it would actually be a tough change. The country could definitely use the tax revenue and I have a feeling marijuana would be taxed all to hell, like cigarettes, and the price might go up after it's legal. The way things are now, the police in CA don't seem to take it seriously anyway, unless you get caught with 5 pounds or something crazy in your car. <br />
The government shouldn't tell people how to live, it's not the function of government. And yes, I've smoked a LOT of marijuana in my life, but after I became a wife and found out I was pregnant it was time to move on. I don't have a problem with it, but it doesn't fit with my life anymore :)

Best Answer

I think this was a good idea. They can tax it, regulate it, keep it safer (rather than being laced with anything else) and people do it anyway. So..why not. Save money on pot smokers getting in trouble and focus where you need it. I tried it a few different times as a kid...I am a sad individual who has strange reactions to a great many drugs including presc<x>ription..it made me vomit every time. No special brownies for me. Oh and when I say kid..I was almost 18.

Best Answer

Taking addictive psychoactive drugs is really, really STUPID. And smoking anything is dirty, filthy, and disgusting. However its none of the government's F'ing business. In a free country the government should get off the backs of the people.

Best Answer

I love that despite the fact that you don't think marijuana is necessarily a good thing, that you realize it's a personal choice. I'm more impressed with a person who is willing to respect the right of others despite having different beliefs a lot.

Best Answer

Word. Couldn't have said it better myself Marioposaroja1891 .

Best Answer

I think it should be legal... but no I don't smoke it myself. Despite society's common assumption that people who look like me do.

Best Answer

Legalize it, regulate it, and sell it just like alcohol. At least we'd all see some revenue from it. Have I smoked it? Look at my age. If I said no, then I'd be a liar.

Best Answer

I'm all for legalizing it, but I don't personally smoke it very often, if at all.

Best Answer

I always smoke it I dont drink but My thoughts are if you legalize it you better legalize Hemp being the reason marijuanna was illegalized anyway was because of hemp

Best Answer

I smoked it every day for about 2 yrs when I was in college. It did become a habit, yes. But I was not ADDICTED and when I broke up with my then-bf I never smoked again and was ok with that, too. <br />
I think it should be legal, but I'm not that bothered about it to go out lobbying for legalization either. I could kind of care less. I do hate that our legal system is clogged up with people who possessed it illegally...so not a big deal in the grander scheme of things.

Best Answer

Tried it really don't like it. If they had the same rules as booze why not. It does make you slower and dumber but those effects seem to go away if you stop using it for a while.

Best Answer

i used to smoke very much but then i got addicted and had a really hard time to escape from that..

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

No to which one?

Best Answer