Katy1984 Katy1984 26-30 29 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Politics

I'm a libertarian when it comes to such laws.

Best Answer

Pro, it's no worse than drinking or tobacco.

Best Answer

Pro. We've got the world's largest prison population in history thanks to closing all the mental institutions and busting all the potheads. There is no way with the debt we can afford to keep up this insanity of spending 32-40k a year to jail potheads and crazies.

Best Answer

I think this is going to kickstart the state economy alot! I also think it will prevent the ruination of lives and keep the prisons and jails open for violent criminals. It will probably clear up alot of drug dealing and criminal activity as well!

Best Answer

All I can say is it's nuts to continue what we're doing and it's certainly worth trying to figure out alternatives. If it makes a lot of money or reduces serious hard drug dealing would just be icing on the cake compared to the big bucks and pointlessly ruined lives it could save.

Best Answer

It never should have been illegal!

Best Answer

I tend to agree with this, if alcohol is legal then there is no reason for marijuana to be illegal. I've seen people make crazy insane decisions because of being drunk, I've never seen a pothead get into a fight because they were stoned. Furthermore it seems to me that Rx drugs are worse for your body than marijuana. My only real concern is that people will be out driving under the influence and I wonder how they can test people for that.

Best Answer

Pro, we spend way to much to prevent it, and the cartels are making way to much from it, I think everything should be legal, I don't use any of it. Just control and tax the **** out of it, treat the homemade stuff like moonshine.

Best Answer

Very very pro. Wish it was legal here. Why? Because I like it, that's why. It helps me. But I can't have it regularly because I can't take the risk now. I lost someone very dear to me because of one single pinner. Probably torn in half. He was arrested, charged with possession, then deported. He was taken from his family here, his little girl, everything. Yes it was stupid for him to have it, but it shouldn't have been illegal in the first place. It's no more harmful than what you can buy at most convenience stores. Not just beer either. Caffeine and other stimulants added to drinks and gum and candy is big right now. that stuff is so bad for you, not just at soda levels but the large quantities I've seen my daughter's friends consume. But have a joint in my city can land you in jail for months if you don't have a decent attorney.

Best Answer

Hi friend

Let you tell you why i am all for it

I dont smoke anymore ,but i used to and let me tell you a little something about the drug dealers

Biggest reason They dont give a dam about kids...

For instance this one time i was maybe 16 at the time and after i bought my product, there's probably a 12 year old kid knocking on the door...

Also drug dealers carry around guns, this one time my guy was out of weed and you know what he asked me, hay man im out but i got some coke its kinda like weed...

And of course i haven't smoke in a long *** time but here is some straight facts

its not addictive

it makes you feel good

ive never thrown up from it unlike alcohol

i see no reason to keep it illegal and fuel gangs and cartels when we can tax it and build roads and help funding for schools...

Best Answer

I know you are not lying because I've seen those same incidents .

Best Answer

I'm glad! Now lets get it legalized everywhere so everyone can SHUT UP ALREADY! And I don't even like weed!

Best Answer

me neither but I think people have a right to choose what they do in they're own homes!

Best Answer

pro. drug war is costing us, pot doesn't kill anyone, making it illegal makes it seem taboo and can't deal with it like adults, it is great for pain if your older, i could think of a lot of crazy people that could use one joint, people will have to actually think about drugs and our relationship to them.

Best Answer

WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME THEY WERE PLANNING ON DOING THIS WHEN I MOVED FROM WASHINGTON, BACK TO TEXAS?

Best Answer

They heard you bogart.

Best Answer

Now, that's funny!

Best Answer

con. puny humans cant even work out a simple thing like recreational pot....

meh im a commie.. ;)

Best Answer

It makes me sad I live in such a restrictive state (Arizona).

Best Answer

I am biased since i toke regularly, but I think a man should have the right to smoke if he wants. In American I think a man has a right, in the privacy of his own home, to smoke a bong/blunt/joint/bowl whatever. That way he is away from others and from violating their right to breath clean air.

Best Answer

Some who know me may be very surprised to learn this, I am very traditional, but I do think it should be legalized. In my opinion, our war on drugs is a joke, we lose billions in revenue. And lets face the facts, its not working! As far as it being a gateway drug (I'm not even sure I would classify a plant as a drug, to me drugs have chemical makeups, and are usually pushed by the FDA, only to find out years later they have devestating side effects) but none the less lets assume for the sake of argument it is a gateway drug. Again only my opinion but if parents stayed more involved in their childrens lives, perhaps this would not be such an issue. We as a nation rely on school systems to teach our children about drugs and sex. To many parents live vicariously through their children, wanting to become their friends instead of strong parental figures. Its easier to give into them instead of giving them what they need. Perhaps if more parents stepped up to the plate, and became more involved during the tender years where they need us most, the war on drugs would not be necessary at all. And yes, even then I know some children will slip through the cracks, but statistically I do believe that the fore mentioned would only cause the so called war to tip in our favor. Back to the original question, as far as I know there are no serious medical side effects to marijuana. If somone knows differently please pass it along, with a site to or literature to back those facts. As far as I know it has not caused human death, by over medicating or over using. It is a wonderful substance for cancer patients to use because it subsides the nausea, as well as any other type of patient having to take medication with nausea as a side effect. It is also a wonderful tool to be used in glaucoma patients, it has been know to helped ease the pain associated with this. I think even Montel is a spokesperson for this as a treatment to be used with his MS. I remember him stating that it is the only thing he's used that continues to help him function in day to day life (Interesting to know, that the meds the DR's prescribed, left him unable to funtion in the day to day). Medical issues aside, if it were taxed it would only make our nation money, possibly helping take out a chunk of the National Debt. Other uses, clothing can be made, rope can be made, paper can be made (Just think, our trees would thank us), and all at a very low cost. Like I said, I am a fact junky, so if anyone has any info. that I can check on the negative effects (besides the ol' gateway thing) please pass it along.

Best Answer

Like I said, a huge fact junky. According to TimeHealthland (http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/17/top-10-) hope I got that right, we have currently spent one trillion dollars on the war against drugs, since President Nixon's declaration on the war against drugs.

Best Answer

No. People confuse the hell out of me, honestly, they see legalizing a drug as a good thing..what the fück America? Oh, here comes the "no negative side effects" or my favorite "WELL ALCOHOL IS A DRUG TOO!!!" arguments. God help this country..

Best Answer

Marijuana is bad for humans. If it were examined in a context devoid of all the political support it has, the FDA or a similar outfit would surely reject rather than approve it.

Best Answer

In that context, alcohol and tobacco would surely be illegal too!

Best Answer

They tried to make tobacco illegal elvinsinatra. Don't even bother bringing up alcohol, the two are not equatable.

Best Answer

no alcohol is definitely worse, I dont think either is good for you but if people can drink then I don't see the harm in being able to smoke some pot.

Best Answer

Alcohol does more harm than good. It is significantly linked to breast cancer among other things. The problem was it was too deeply embedded in our culture. Citing alcohol does not give a good reason for legalizing marijuana. And by the way, marijuana is still illegal in those states, because they are part of the USA. Tobacco is legal poison, and everybody knows it. I think it may some day become illegal in the US. I think it should. My point remains. There are probably drugs the FDA removes from the market that are less toxic than alcohol and tobacco. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be removed.

Best Answer

I certainly don't think that alcohol being legal is a good reason for legalizing marijuana, I also wouldn't encourage people to go out and put any sort of drug into they're body. I do however think that you made a good point in that alcohol is embedded in our society, I think that marijuana is just as prevalent in todays world. I suppose my reasoning goes more along the lines that hopefully by legalizing it the government can then regulate it and tax it, it will generate millions of dollars in revenue which can be used for schools and other government programs. People are going to use it whether it's legal or not and if it's legal it will lessen the criminal aspect of it, keeping people out of prisons and saving the government money there as well. I dont do drugs and I still believe it's a drug and is bad for you but I think that people are going to do what they want anyways so if it can help stimulate the economy then I guess I'm all for it.

Best Answer

I think a lot of people still don't use marijuana because it's illegal. I think it will become drastically more prevalent if legalized. Marijuana won't solve state governments' problems. That argument was made for legalizing gambling. Are casino states free of fiscal lack? No. The problem is too much spending, especially on government union workers, not too little revenue.

Best Answer

I dont know, but I'll tell you one thing legalizing its not gonna work, just like it didnt work on Mexico, those states better be ready soon will have, 18yr olds looking like 35

Best Answer

Because people who like weed STILL look younger than me? lol

Best Answer

My biggest concern is that it's one more drug to keep kids from getting their older sibling or friend to buy for them. Still, the government might as well tax it and get revenue from a new source.

Best Answer

The danger factor is enough to dissuade some kids, though I imagine other kids find it exciting.

Best Answer

Or kids smoking crack.

Best Answer

that already happens. weed is everywhere

Best Answer

Hey Billy, wanna smoke some crack?
No, man, that's illegal but pot's legal now, so lets hit a j.
--The preceding is a conversation that never happens.

Best Answer