ThatCaliGuy ThatCaliGuy 31-35, M 17 Answers Mar 17, 2012

Complete bollocks

Best Answer

I think anti-americanism is more of an international thing, and to some extent it is warranted. Personally I just think they're jealous of our accents :D

Best Answer

That's what I think. Especially us Californians who speak the least like them! lol

Best Answer

Depends on whether you're talking about national stereotypes or not ... there's plenty to dislike about all stereotypes, whether you're meaning American, British, Irish, Australian, French ... or whatever. Perhaps the Brits give an impression of looking down on everyone who's not British ... perhaps there's a bit of jealousy there with the Americans ... because the Brits feel the Americans came from them in some ways (Pilgrim Fathers and the language and so on) ... and took the template and made something new, fresh and original from it ... and became the world power in place of what Britain used to be. On an individual level I don't think the Brits necessarily do ... personally I've had many many American friends over the years and loved them all ... but that's regardless of nationality.

Best Answer

Great response!
Makes sense.

Best Answer

we look down on everyone due to thinkin we are still 'Great' Britain... we are far from great nowdays.

Best Answer

Are any one country really? If you compared America in a day of great innovation to now I'd argue it's the same story.

Best Answer

they still think britain is great.....

Best Answer

What do you think about the theory that Americans never take note of what the rest of the world thinks about them?

Best Answer

I say it's true. Which is why America is ignorant on how our foreign policies will have a major impact on us here. Actually, already have.

Best Answer

I'm 5 ft nothing most people do look down on me..hehe

Best Answer

Perspective is key isn't it? lol

Best Answer

I know who and what I am so unless I really respect someone I don't let other peoples thoughts and words have much weight in my mind.....

Best Answer

AMEN to that Sassy! A Powerful and strong woman!

Best Answer

They're still pissed at the Revolution

Best Answer

why would anyone care?

Best Answer

Who's theory is that?

Best Answer

A lot of Americans believe it. I asked because it was just being talked about at the airport. It's never been my experience though.

Best Answer

Oh, ok.

Best Answer

Wasn't aware of it

Best Answer