ophelia379 ophelia379 26-30, F 10 Answers Dec 29, 2013 in Community

There is no such thing as death. Life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Just kidding...just wanted to say something really cliche and pseudo-philosophical.

I have no idea what happens when we die. It's impossible to know. Nobody really knows what creates consciousness, and I think that's necessary in order to understand whether there is such a thing as a soul in the first place. Is there something inherent in the universe that gives us consciousness? Or is it merely a result of physical processes?

I do suspect that there's more to the picture than just the brain. Sometimes I find myself pondering the idea that every bit of matter in the universe seems to possess a bit of consciousness. Everything from sub-atomic particles on up does what it needs to do to operate properly within our system of physical laws. At a certain level, sub-atomic particles can even be seen to essentially choose the path they take. Look into the dual-slit experiment. Thinking about this sort of thing gives me the feeling that, perhaps, we're all just single points of perspective for some sort of giant consciousness. However, this is all just conjecture. There's absolutely no way to know. We can come up with a million theories, but how the hell will we ever know? I think the best thing to do is to think about this sort of thing for fun, but not to take any one idea too seriously. Those who are certain they know the answer to life's great mysteries are full of it. They just convince themselves to believe whatever is most comforting to them, or whatever they were taught to believe as children.

Best Answer

1. I don't even know what a soul IS.

2. I don't know where we go after we die. No one has ever lived to tell about it. But I do think we go back to where ever we were before we were born.

Best Answer

I don't know whether there even is such a thing as a soul. Regardless, I figure when I die, I die. And that's that. Oblivion, basically. Boring and sad? Yeah, but it's so basic that it makes sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't really matter to me. It isn't something I think about much.

Now let me provide some food for thought to whoever reads this. Whatever religions you know of, do they account for the possibility of extraterrestrial beings? With the absolute immensity of the universe, it's quite absurd to think that there's only one planet with sentient life on it. So, assuming that there are aliens out there, what about religion? Do any of our religions account for aliens? Do they have their own religion(s)? Do they include those other than themselves?

Best Answer

Seems like a lot of religious people think that if a person believes that aliens exist, then we are worshiping them.. Lord! I really believe aliens are out there, I think there's good natured ones and evil hearted ones, just like people on earth. I think if the universe (God) can create all of us, all these different animals and creatures in the sea, then why wouldn't there be some other living thing like that out there somewhere in this vast space

Best Answer

Don't have a clue but when my time comes, then I might know

Best Answer

being human is a temporary condition..........the illusion is this one

Best Answer

It goes to a retirement home in Florida.

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure of it that all of us will go somewhere, I think most will go to the highest dimension, what we call "heaven"

Best Answer

I'm not sure, but I think maybe to the lower dimension, that ppl refer to as "purgatory". Or right back into life again

Best Answer

Going straight to hell -___-" it doesn't scare me as much as it used to though.

Best Answer