Beatresca Beatresca 56-60, F 19 Answers Mar 21, 2012

I think a lot of people live in private hells and public ones for a variety of reasons, but I don't really believe in the afterlife kind. I don't think a righteous god would seek the suffering of others.

Best Answer

When God gave us free will, some people choose to do that.

Best Answer

choose to do what, be born starving or sick? Or do you mean the path to hell? I don't think freewill is everything people think it is. it just makes people feel they are in control...but very few control very much.

Best Answer

Chooses to steal from you and others, chooses to kill or torture, chooses to hurt

Best Answer

Beatresca: Q: You mean that as far as the suffering as a "hell on earth", that misusing their free will, others choose to steal from, injure, torture and murder some people?
And jeanemae? - Sorry for hijacking your thread!!
But I think we really think alike on this issue, and I like your answer. I wasn't clear so thought I'd pipe up ;-)

Best Answer

When i was young i had a near death exserpince i cant say it was real or not.

But i can say that whatever it was i didnt go into the light because i didnt trust god and never will nor did i want that pathway i was only 9 also and new this.

I didnt see a hell there was NO hell but there was earth heaven and dust as in the mittle you could say its like nowere.

Other then that exserpince lets say it was just me.

From feeling i believe there is a hell but i dont think children can see it.

And i dont think its fire or lonelyness its torcher for a long time.

But if your good and can handel some rules not all you stay on earth.

Best Answer

I believe there are 2 Hells for 2 differently basic beliefs

1st.) There is the hell that most of us live in during day to day life... this is the hell I believe in...

2nd.) Then, there is the Hell those that are religious are afraid of... Being afraid and living your life in fear of doing something wrong that will cause you to be sent to a place that no-one can even prove exists is HELL... I did not say spiritual people because you do not have to be spiritual to believe in hell but you do have to be religious...

Best Answer

I agree with you on Hell being the total absence of God but I think the setting could be fire and brimstone. There is nothing as frighteneing as a life without God watching over you and protecting you.

Best Answer

That's a really good question that I think should be asked more than once so we can all chip in our views on it. Most of us really do wonder about it, so I'll be reading the answers you get too.

I feel like you do, but take it a step further: Though I WISH I could always think positively or always manage to overcome the obstacles in my way, not only do I wonder due to my own circumstances - sorry if this might sound like self pity in a sec - but also, when I see and hear about all the suffering in the world, and so much of it random and yet worse than what the most deranged criminal might commit, I do wonder "What if hell really is just..living on this earth as we are in a place where suffering is so random, severe, possible, and prevalent? After all, it's not as if we have the kind of sensory proof we all crave of God's existance, either, so as far as separation from God being hell, Earth, despite all its beauty and potential joy, is really a good candidate! :( " Or at least a contender for the title of "Purgatory or limbo", even though my religious tradition never included such an idea. But it makes me wonder! :-/ ...

Best Answer

But could love ever go where Hell is (whether you call it Hell with a capital H or a lowercase!) or could it even flourish there? Because even though we all see innocent people suffering everyday in ways that would make everything seem like chaos; or make totally depraved one creator deity alone who acts in any way to initiate or sustain the suffering; nonetheless, even the saddest and loneliest of us know that love IS here, whether they feel it now in their lives, or are just sadly remembering feeling it far in the past...

Best Answer

The way hell was described to me as a child It is different for everyone I have a hard time believing in absolute good or bad so in my mind if there was/is a heaven and/or hell that doesn't mean that heaven will have love in it or that hell wont because like here on earth you can love without being loved back and someone can love you without you even liking them to begin with...

Best Answer

That's an interesting angle. (oops..typoed: "angel" at first!*L*) maybe this won't make any sense, but I guess I feel that any heart that feels love and has it in itself to give would somehow not "belong" in Hell anyway, as if Hell wouldn't "accomodate love" - not even its very existance...hmmm...as I said, vague..

Best Answer

Free will some of us try to live good lifes and choose with others in mind. Others of us choose to live a more negative and egosentic life not thinking of others at all.

Best Answer

And then there's people in the middle, which I feel can encompass many of us who are good but maybe some circumstance that's temporary or something prevents their fullest good being done..which is why Christ's words about how lukewarm faith was like water to him that he would "spit out" scared the..well, hell - out of me - or, let's hope it did? Hmm. *l* Well, again, equalsOral, I've never heard anything as thought provoking as your angle when it comes to my blurb on the issue, and Beatresca? You've got the place humming, and a lot of opinions flying..!;-)

Best Answer

I would say it's more like the latter, unless you find your way to Dante's Hell.

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure that the management would be afraid of my wife wanting to make new arrangements for everything , new furnuture , new heating system , strikes against brutallity and so on .

Best Answer

Lucifer was banished from the heavens to rome hell forever. So is hell below us or actually here on earth?

Best Answer

fascists

Best Answer

No where.Just the place when a person faces to the reality of his/her own

Best Answer

It's an Irish bar, and every day is St. Pattys.

Best Answer

If it is an Irish pub, it's out of drinks

Best Answer

I think its a story to get medieval farmers to pay the church their Tithes

Best Answer

Excellent historic point about its origins as a medieval "bogeyman story" to ensure the obedience of people whom the medieval church best thought to "keep as mushrooms", you know, kept in the dark and fed allota..Ahem!

Best Answer