One time when I was busy I heard the ringtone I have set for e-mail on my cell phone. I couldn't see my husband but I could hear that he opened my phone and there was enough time before he closed my phone that I could tell he read the e-mail. Then when I was finished what I was doing and returned to the room he didn't tell me that my phone had rang and that he had read the e-mail that had come. He just said nothing, did nothing. If I had not heard the phone myself I would not have known for hours or until the next day that I had gotten a new e-mail.
katnipkitkat katnipkitkat 41-45, F 23 Answers Feb 25, 2011

That is really not cool.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

First, if the topic was inconsequential, hey may just not thought it important enough to say something.

Second, if he is like me he lives on email and Internet and could have just assumed you periodically check your email. I send my wife email all the time from work, get frustrated because she does not read it and have to text her to tell her to read her email.

Third, I sometimes wish my wife would read my email or check out what I have been surfing or writing on EP. I've even given her all my accounts and passwords. At least I'd know she has some interest in me other than for my paycheck and my cooking. Be thankful he cares.

Finally, you probably do need to talk with him to see what he is looking for if it bothers you. Communication is a good thing.

Best Answer

Reading your email implies that he doesn't trust you. I think it's wrong. I read all kinds of stories here where the wives have to censor their comments and thei husbands have their passwords and such. My airways constrict when I read this. I would never be with a man who stooped to such pettiness. Furthermore, I would not cheat or give him any reason to worry about my mail. This is akin to BBC and book burning. It gets in my nerves.

Best Answer

Sounds like you have an immature, disrespectful, control-freak bully on your hands who knows what he did was wrong, but doesn't care because what's his is his and what's yours is his. He probably won't listen to your legitimate concerns because they don't matter to him. Marital counselling may help, but I doubt it. Divorce will help alot if you're tired of his insecurity and want your life back. Just a thought...

Best Answer

Send him one that says "GET OUT"

Best Answer

Change your password or put a password on your phone.

Best Answer

Did he see those nudie photos you sent me?

Best Answer

If changing your password doesn't work, then you might consider changing your husband...

Best Answer

Resend; Lack of trust. Almost all here are good suggestions. I'd say "confront him in a casual way" and ask him why he does not trust you.

Best Answer

You have some work to do. I would say he has some reason not to trust. It is a horrible feeling. I say he wanted you to know. You should work on gaining his trust again. Your at a cross roads. Choose wisely. Just my take.

Best Answer

Keep your phone on your person at all times.

Best Answer

I do now. I also keep it on silent mode so it doesn't ring or vibrate for mail or calls. Only drawback is that I have to make sure to look at it every now and then to see if anything has come in.

Best Answer

Pretty dodgy. But maybe you can have a bit of fun with his snooping. Send some questionable emails (eg subscription to a lesbian or a furry site) that he absolutely would be itching to ask about and see how long he lasts. Then you can 'out' him lol

Best Answer

He knows I don't care if he looks. It just irks me real bad that he wouldn't say "Hey so and so sent you a mail while you were doing such and such."

Best Answer

I'd send e-mails to myself with warnings not to read my e-mails.

Best Answer

That would so never go over in my house. My husband know better than to step over the line like that. He gives me my room and spce to have my privacy and your husband can't do that its sad and disrepectful to u. I would comfront him and ask why he feels the need to sneak behind your back. But thats me

Best Answer

So what was the email about?

Best Answer

I don't even remember now. But I do remember that it was from a mutual female friend of ours. She gets depressed a lot and it was probably related to that.

Best Answer

Go apeshit at him.

Best Answer

his a cheat!

Best Answer

Insecure maybe. Maybe hes just looking after u. Who really knows what goes thru a mans mind. despertleyseeking

Best Answer

divorce

Best Answer

he's your hubby....who cares? ;-)

Best Answer

I think that if I had not known I had an e-mail that the person who sent the mail and wouldn't have gotten a response would have cared. Are there any other mails that went unnoticed because the husband looked at a mail when it came in and failed to tell me about it? Are there any responses I should have made but didn't because I didn't know I got mail? I think that is something that one should care about.

Best Answer