EBflea EBflea 16-17, F 16 Answers Feb 8, 2009

I wouldnt go as far as to say " it is almost criminal not to provide a child with a sibling". Sheez, that is pretty arrogant, I would say.<br />
Being an only child has advantages and disadvantages as everything else in life. From a social aspect it´s important that parents encourage their child to socialize and befriend other children.<br />
Having siblings, as many have experienced can be fun in childhood but it doesnt always reflect in happy family relations later in life.<br />
I guess parents should focus on how well they can raise a child instead of having kids they won´t be able to support or look after.

Best Answer

My opinion, for what it is worth, is siblings definitely. They will not always get along. Sometimes you will think they actually hate each other, but when push comes to shove they have each others back. Not to mention, we all loose our parents eventually, with siblings they are not left alone. They still have family and someone to go through that loss with them.

Best Answer

I managed to carry only one child to near term.....he survived. I lost a total of nine over 15 years.<br />
Although an only child, I did compensate by associating with people who had large families.....he always had other kids around to ground him.

Best Answer

I think it is almost criminal to not provide your child with a sibling. There is no bond like that which can exist between siblings. That knowledge of each others experiences, an understanding of what makes each other tick. I know all siblings are not close, but I wouldn't trade my brother for anything on this earth.

Best Answer

I rather to have sibling because they keep me doing something instead do nothing excaplty play with your imagenary friend. i used to grow without sibling for short time. and i didn't like at all because my parent work all time. and i am deaf and i can't play with neighbor because i won't understand what they say. so lucky, i have sister and brother now. having siblings sure bright my day!

Best Answer

I believe it is far better to have siblings. You get to interact with them in good ways and bad ways, (sumetimes playing and sometimes fighting). This lelps you learn how to stand up for yourself, how to compromise and how to negociate. Also, an only child tends to be a spoiled child.

Best Answer

I believe having siblings would have been nice...I have never been close to my parents. I believe that with an only child they had the choice of spending more time or less time with their only child and they chose the later.

Best Answer

Only child will usually have communication-problems. They tend to grow up selfish (they don't know that themselves!). Siblings making kids relations with society much richer

Best Answer

Definitely having siblings. I grew up as a pretty isolated only child with limited extended family and limited socialization. I think that there are relationship experiences that you need to function in relationships with others that you can only gain by sibling interaction. Watching my three children together and seeing how they love one another makes me realize what I missed out on as a child.

Best Answer

having siblings i don't mean like a hole class worth of children but one or two is gr8 because it mekes the child more confident and encourages shared play and a person with one older brother (3 years older) i really do think having 1 sibling is gr8!

Best Answer

My two older brothers tormented me mercilessly, but it was better than being on my own.

Best Answer

Siblings, definetly. I wish I had one...

Best Answer