I recently sent an email to a friend. I opened up quite a bit. Not the first time I've opened up but now he is just blatently ignoring me. I see posts by him to other people but he has decided not to respond. I'd rather know how I might annoy him. His ignoring me feels worse. To me, it's like saying hello to someone, you know they heard you but they just walk right by. I might do that to a persistent salesperson but not a friend. That is rude. Do you agree?
lisa36 lisa36 36-40, F 13 Answers Aug 18, 2010

Unfortunately, many people put others in a no-win situation. They know that ignoring doesn't accomplish anything, yet realize that the truth will not be received in a healthy way. They are caught between a rock and a hard place. If you want someone to be open and honest, then you need to make sure that whatever they say doesn't result in a denial, rationalization, or over-reaction. If the person doesn't feel safe to expose the truth, then you'll never get the truth. Sometimes, we need to be extra patient, helping them to overcome all the negativity they experienced before we came into the picture. Just be consistent and reassure them that we are and will always be consistent, unlike the people from their past.

Best Answer

good question..... i would rather someone tell me the truth than to ignore me. even when the truth hurts, at least i know for sure why i am being ignore. <br />
on the other hand i myself have ignored a certain one due to... i don't want to hurt their feelings! :~/ sooooo.... go figure.<br />
don't do as i do but do as i say thingy.

Best Answer

Maybe we are all just too afraid of hurting people.

Best Answer

Exactly...it's rude...when someone, for whom you really have place for in your heart,starts ignoring you...it feels as if something very important and beautiful is lost in your life.

Best Answer

Ignoring someone. The truth is a wonderful thing. Why would we want to live in happy lies if they are lies? I would choose happy truth over that. I would also choose sad truth because it just wouldn't feel right if I knew I was living a lie.<br />
Edit:<br />
I just read your update and I used to have a friend just like that. I think he protects himself with lies and puts all the blame on the other person. Overall he manipulates and blames and then turns around and says he still likes me. I'm done being his friend but I'm not sure you want to stop your friendship. If I were you I'd send an email with as few words as possible but also include as much of how you feel as possible. Tell him he made you cry, if that is true. If I were the person ignoring I would have a hard time ignoring something emotional and caring. If you just send an email full of angry yelling, I don't think that would work.

Best Answer

Agreed. How can I ever improve myself if I don't know what to improve?

Best Answer

Technically ignoring them, but wtf?

Best Answer

ignoring

Best Answer

Yes, that is rude, but he may just be considering his answer, or simply not know what to say. I know im defending the guy, but i honestly just dont know him. have you confronted him about his ignoring you yet?

Best Answer

Yes, I have and he still ignores me.

Best Answer

Yes, i do agree, i'd rather hear the truth no matter how hurtful and ugly it might be than be ignored.<br />
My advise to you is that you should ignore him as well, pretend you don't give a damn about him answereing or not.<br />
good luck

Best Answer

I'm going to try. What gets me is that people wouldn't do it in person, but it seems to be okay to do online. The very least he could do is say "Things are good here. No time to write but glad to hear you're doing good."

Best Answer

That is rude!

Best Answer