Group all the possessions of similar value in different areas. When family comes, start with one of the groupings and roll a dice to see what order you get to pick. Each person gets to pick as many times as the first person, continue on to the next group and do the same. Do this for all the groups then gather the leftover items of each group, roll a dice or something else to determine who goes first and start the process again. It's about as fair as you can do it. It's how we have done it and it worked well with 6 siblings.

Best Answer

Wow... great fair way... To know that you've actually done it...

Best Answer

It's been passed down through the generations in my family. We watched our parents do this when they lost their parents so we continued the tradition. It's a fun day when you do it.

Best Answer

if it is that big of a fight i walk away. why am i going to argue with my siblings or other family over something that will never bring back the loved one i just lost.

Best Answer

Don`t bother, take everything with you. I have specified in my will that the house and all my possessions are going to be buried with me.

Best Answer

People really should write wills and no I have not yet myself. If everyone can act nicely, let people take what they want or means something special to them, sadly death can bring out the worst in people.

Best Answer

probate the will and get an executor appointed

Best Answer

a lottery

Best Answer