Henryps Henryps 18-21, M 25 Answers Dec 16, 2012 in Politics

Immorality and false morals

Best Answer

Guns?

Best Answer

Hm I would disagree, I think the right to bear arms is important to the U.S

Best Answer

Why do you think that?

Best Answer

Feel free to disagree, but i think it would be more detrimental to law abiding citizens then to criminals who can just as easily if not more easily purchase a weapon on the black market. I think we should make stricter regulations on weapons and also make background checks more thorough, not to mention make psychiatric care more accessible. I don't think it would be good to outlaw fire arms all together, it would just mean a bigger business for the cartels on both sides of the border.

Best Answer

Let me see...............EVERYTHING!

Best Answer

Fiscal cliff.

Unemployment.

Ineffective government in-fighting to our detriment.

Best Answer

Obama and his socialist supporters.

Public schools have created generations of ignorant obedient zombies who know nothing of American history or our economic system, recite talking points, and vote for communism, food stamps, and Obamaphones.

Best Answer

I agree that the education system is in need of huge reforms! Good answer Dozer

Best Answer

the economy and joblessness

Best Answer

Problems in America are many starting with a lack of Moral Core caused by an abandonment of God's Law and the rejection of Jesus Christ as our only hope.

After more than 25 years of severe moral decline is it not time to repent, reverence the name of the Lord, re-institute and keep the third commandment? What is going on in America today is a direct result of banning prayer and Bible reading in the school system which prior to 1963 was common practice. All because a minority of spoiled Atheists couldn't get what they wanted unless the lines of blessing from God were severed from the young.

You would have to be utterly blind to not see the correlation between the two as many studies have been done to prove that prayer to God and Bible reading fertilized young minds to great heights before 1963 and fell greatly to the present day!

Oswald Chambers declared,“God’s laws are not watered down to suit anyone; if God did that He would cease to be God. The moral law never alters for the noblest or the weakest; it remains abidingly and eternally the same.”

Arguments for Prayer in School

http://www.allabouthistory.org/arguments-for-prayer-in-school-faq.htm

Scientific Evidence for Answered Prayer and the Existence of God

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/prayer.html

Statistical Morality Results of Supreme Court (1962) Prayer Ban

http://www.blogadoon.com/statistical-morality-results-of-supreme-court-1962-prayer-ban/

Here are 25 intriguing scientific studies about faith, prayer and healing:

http://onlinesurgicaltechniciancourses.com/2010/25-intriguing-scientific-studies-about-faith-prayer-and-healing/

Best Answer

Growing up in a family well embedded in episcopal Christianity i have studied the bible at a very young age. Through my years of contemplation and self study i have come to the conclusion that i am in fact and atheist. I respect your rights and your beliefs and mean you no dis respect, but i believe there are many contributing factors to the waning morality in this country religion being a small factor to me. But we must also consider that with this new age comes new morals and that the rules of previous generations cant apply to such a significantly different standard of living. Many people who declare they are religious are at the forefront of immorality. Take for example the many politicians in government who fancy themselves god fearing me but who behind your backs use their position of power immorally. But again i believe the words moral and immoral both need to be re defined. But thank you for the websites i shall make a note to look into them, i always am looking for healthy and intelligent debate in a calm and respective manner.

Best Answer

Religion is NO factor at all, because God hates religions hypocrisy as much as any Atheist does, as I do. What I was saying concerned true Christianity not false religious piety which has no power to change lives!
Yes there are other factors involved, I never said there weren't but this is the beginning of the problem the others stem from. Remember religion is man trying to reach out to God, most of the time wrongly, but real Christianity shows that God reaches down to us in order to do what we cannot....find him! Religion blinds us to the fact we are blind and dumb in spirit where it counts to reach God.
Thank you for the reply, I do have many Atheist friends and do understand your position even though I don't personally agree its true.
I respect your right not to believe but please don't mix-up the false and the truth they have nothing in common and never will.
Even a casual reading of scripture will prove me right, you blame the bible for the behavior of idiots while the bible predicts the bad behavior of hypocrites who will say and do anything to pretend to be on God's side as cover for evil deeds!
You cannot use the bad behaviour of sinful men as proof against a book that told you it would occur in the first place.

Best Answer

Thank you for your comment of clarity and i hope i did not offend for that was never my intention. You are clearly well educated on the matter and take it seriously and have nothing but respect for you. True there are vast amounts of religious hypocrites these days and unfortunately i too am guilty of mixing the two up.

Best Answer

No absolutly not I enjoy the talk and you seem well intentioned and not the usual insulting Atheist I'm used to talking too! Forgive me if it sounded combative at all!

Best Answer

No need to apologize! I have to expect a certain level of intensity when discussing such important hot buttons as religion and politics, let alone the two together. Thank you for the information ill use it to expand my debate on the matter. You are also far less insulting then the usual religious men and women who would simply ban me to an eternity in hell! Thanks for the discussion!

Best Answer

No problem! Anytime you want to discuss it just let me know!

Best Answer

voter fraud.

Best Answer

Too many Mc Donalds.

Best Answer

dont forget walmart!!

Best Answer

And Walmarts with a Mc Donalds.

Best Answer

Degeneration of our political process to snarky name-calling, failure to look for new solutions to our "hot button" issues. There's some core issues that need to be looked at in our Constitution -- privacy, representation, decision making processes, openness of the government process ... but those debates won't start happening until Congress learns how to reach compromise decisions again. Hoping the President's experience organizing church community efforts in Chicago will help him heal this two- decade- long family feud.

Best Answer

This was a well worded an thorough answer windlion thanks! I agree on all points. The bickering between the left and right is slowing progress to a near standstill rate.

Best Answer

Appreciate your moderation on the responses to this question as well, Henryps. There's a story group on this site titled "I Believe We Have A Right To Expect Better From Governments", maybe some of the posters here can put together a paragraph or two on problems and solution-building compromises. I dibs the real value of college education in the workplace.

Best Answer

I see no reason why not, always great to discuss important issues with the people who take them seriously. Thanks and good pick with college education, i call dibs on the importance of the reformation of the two party political system!

Best Answer
Best Answer

Wouldnt it be easier to ask what IS NOT a problem?

This country ishas been turning more and more into a giant **** hole everyday..the gov doesnt give 2 ***** less about its people...we are seriously becoming a 3rd world country right before our very eyes...and so many people are to damn blind to see it because they think that America is so damn good

Best Answer

I think its good to focus on what can be changed and what we can do to help our nation get back on the right track.
But you make some valid points.

Best Answer

Honestly my opinion...the actual people who are the back bone of this country...the ones who are jobless...or struggling to make it day to day need to be listened to....not these people in gov who have never had to do an honest days work in their lives...who just sit in office getting fat and happy on our dime!!!

Best Answer

Preaching to the choir, looks like their ego killed their morality. There needs to be a moral purge in the offices of those in power if anything is going to get better. Not through violence but through the overwhelming majority to stand up and speak out. Unfortunately it seems like that day is far off if its ever going to come at all.
Great statement

Best Answer

Yes!!

Best Answer

Crap movie films

Best Answer

Supersizes

Best Answer