What does he know?
thelonewood thelonewood 26-30 13 Answers Jun 19 in Politics

political points.. that backfired

Best Answer

I don't think he knew diddly squat. He was barter material for the Taliban and they won. Figuratively Obama is simply playing a high stakes poker game and losing every hand without fail. I think he might be losing on purpose.

Best Answer

If he didn't know anything valuable, then how would giving back the five prisoners be beneficial to the US? It appears to be a big policy change after all the 'we-don't-negotiate-with-terrorists' thing. Was Bergdahl even a deserter or was he under secret instructions. From what I've been made to understand, once a soldier is captured, he should expect to die there unless he escapes. It befuddles the mind if Obama did this for the political points only. There must be something.

Best Answer

Personally I thing Bergdahl was kind of a misfit in his unit, He probably was picked on a bit, and began to focus on some resentment he had built up . He showed some discouragement with the discipline of his unit and the American mission in Afghanistan in general. He left his post and went looking for the Taliban. I think a Minnesota Personality Inventory Questionnaire would have revealed some emotional problems. He and his father developed Stockholm syndrome during his captivity. I also think that he and his immediate family probably lean left politically. I know this is a lot of speculation on my part, but that's my gut feeling about the issue. Bergdahl conveniently developed a sense of resentment because of what he saw as social and political injustice in the US mission in Afghanistan. A bit of ribbing from his friends and he projected and reinforced his resentment in such a way as to make himself appear to be a conscientious person who was willing to sacrifice his good name for what was truly right. *Remember his father praised Bo for what "he did for the people of Afghanistan." and mentioned his "care and concern for the Afghan people". Bo is practicing self preservation in a sense. Nothing malicious or sinister- just a human response to 'being in trouble'. I remember when his desertion was reported on the news in 09. If it were a spook job it would have been more clandestine and the circumstances of his 'leaving his post' would not have been so suspicious when originally reported.

Best Answer

was not as much the getting him, it was getting rid of the worse at Gitmo. It opens the doors for Obama to empty the place and close it.

Best Answer

Because putting Bergdahl in jail for desertion is worth the six people who died trying to find him and the other people that will die from releasing 5 hardcore terrorists back where they do more harm. Not long ago they'd just hang him. smh. Barry O's a crackpot.

Best Answer

Because we're supposedly getting ready to leave Afghanistan, maybe Obama thought it was a last chance to get one of our soldiers out.<br />
What they should have done was implant those chips like my cat has in its neck, in case it gets lost, in the Taliban guys, wait a month, then bomb them!

Best Answer

nothing. he was obviously dying so our government decided it would be in everyone's best interest if he was saved immediately

Best Answer

But Bergdahl had no health problems whatsoever.

Best Answer

Sorry, that is not an excuse for 5 of the worst to be set free.

Best Answer

he hadn't eaten for awhile and looked like a poster boy for the Holocaust...even when he was finally eating, he looked like it was a struggle

Best Answer

maybe they broke the 5 worst and didn't see the point any more in keeping them...maybe they turned them....maybe they really weren't the 5 worst...maybe they are undercover spies...idk

Best Answer

Maybe this, maybe that. Here is a FACT these thugs are now roaming free.

Best Answer

Confidence in the Obama Presidency is on a downward spiral and that means bad news for Democrats in the upcoming midterm election. I think Obama and his advisers are trying to do various public relations things to salvage as many votes as they can. Much of the reason for low confidence in this Presidency has to do with questionable decisions, poor planning, and inept execution with little or no thought about consequences. I think the intent was to salvage midterm votes but thought, planning, and execution were typical for this presidency.

Best Answer

To close Gitmo.

Best Answer

it has to do with two american prisoners they have in the states.

Best Answer

He owed back taxes and the Taliban prisoners were costing too much. Cost savings.

Best Answer

Because we treasure our sons.

Best Answer