well i was born in England,but left for Canada 30 years ago ive been back 18 months in the UK and quite honestly i hate it.the poverty and the lack of basic services is a nightmare,and i fear its only going to get worse.cant wait to go back home (Canada)............................

Best Answer

It's nice to know that there are whole countries around the world where I can wake up after passing out and I could still be understood.

Best Answer

Lived there for 8 years, and while there were some great bits, the endless class snobbery (going both ways) got us both down - my wife worse I think, due to working in a customer-contact job. The very best bit of it was being able to catch a plane for $20 each from Stansted/Luton to Paris or Dusseldorf or Nice or Venice or ... well, a ton of places

Best Answer

We need a serious kick up the arse. In fact, I'm thinking of going into politics because I want to give it a serious kick up the arse myself.

Best Answer

It's a great country. I would love to visit there.

Best Answer

We'll welcome you. Lol. Come along. Be sure to visit London and Gloucestershire

Best Answer

Their sense of humour......... and of course the accent esp up north :)

Best Answer

I've visited England a few times, drove around the countryside (east, west, and south). Beautiful country. Wonderful people. Gorgeous scenery. Intriguing cities (especially London). Mesmerizing culture. Delicious beer. Terrible breakfasts (bangers are disgusting!). If the economy wasn't struggling so badly, I'd probably move there. :-)

Best Answer

I enjoyed my 3 visits so far to London.British Museum is one of my faves.I stayed at the Savoy,stayed at Hyde Park as well.

Best Answer

have some great contacts there, real funny people,

Best Answer

I like the muffins.

Best Answer

Muffins?

Best Answer

English muffins.

Best Answer

Amazing blokes, there across the pond.

Best Answer

Yeah, pretty lucky here

Best Answer

Is Downton Abbey mentioned at least once each day by people living in England? ;-)

Best Answer

I love the Shameless series, My ex's mom was from there I just wish I could of got her deported back for everyone here not to get the wrong idea of the country.

Best Answer

Yeah, I met someone from shameless once, David threlfall. His parents knew my gran. It's an awesome show. Very British :-)

Best Answer

I'm an Anglophile. The house is filled with British DVDs, music, books on history. Wpuld love to go there some day, but I'm pretty sure i never will. So I go watch DVDs of MIDSOMER MURDERS again.

Best Answer

You should do it. It's not all like that. But go to or search Gloucestershire, England... It's the prettiest place and like midsomer without the murders! :-)

Best Answer

I know it's not all like that, but it is one of my wife's and my favorite shows. Then again, we loved PRIME SUSPECT--a bit grittier. We have thousands of DVDs, close to or more than half British. Plus I love British radio plays--gotten out of the habit in recent months, but I love listening to BBC Radio 4 Extra via the internet.

Best Answer

That they should keep calm and continue to carry on

Best Answer

indeed

Best Answer

I think there's some really cool people from there. I've never been there myself but I'd like to go some time.

Best Answer

Love the music that comes from there.

Best Answer

Favourite singer?

Best Answer

Past: Joe Strummer and Mick Jones
Present: Alex Turner

Best Answer

I love him! One of my favorite Hetalia characters!

Best Answer

its ****. full of people who judge only decent thing is the food. i swear to god im getting out of england when im 18 its a shithole!

Best Answer

England used to be something. People were proud to live here, they were proud of their country, they were proud of themselves and their jobs. Now? People are too busy robbing each other, getting up when they want because they don't work (why would you when the system does it for you?), the government are now trying to claw back any money they can because they've been giving it to the wrong people and now they're targeting the wrong people for it. Since we joined the EU anyone can come into our country without a medical or criminal record check and school places are being given to illegal immigrants and our own children are going without.<br />
England is a sinking ship and unless something drastic changes, those of us with something between our ears needs to think about getting out before it's lost to the dregs of society.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree more...well said :)

Best Answer

It is a small country with ancient buildings... Very grassy, becoming jammed pack with people.... I feel ba<x>sed on comments from the Brittish that there is a stereotype they have of Americans regarding the English language... It seems the British in general regard Americans as being unable to speak "English.". I don't think it comes into account that America and Great Brittain are two separate countries, with two separate cultures, with unique slang words, and dare I say, two different dialects... I would say In the US, the South and the North have two separate dialects! I find it brilliant to share ideas and experiences with different "flavours" of people. Even the ones who tend to slip people the Micky. That was all for a bit of a lark! Just larkin' about, I'd say. We all have our stereotypes, don't we? Just can't make them too serious or stick.<br />
Anyway, I don't really think about England. I am not as Worldly as I would like. Your question made me think about England though. I am obsessed with buying Folio Society books from U.K. Have your heard of it? Thoughts?

Best Answer