I don't see many Atheists, agnostics or even religious people discuss their thoughts about it, so I am curious. Is it because said religion hasn't had as much(barring the crusades, the conquest of Spain etc.) of an impact on Western history until recently? Or is it because people find it more fashionable to insult Western beliefs? Can we try not to insult anyone's beliefs please? I realize some cannot stop themselves from mashing out some inane, "we're smarter than x because we don't believe in its teachings" response but can we try to be more mature than that? We get plenty of input regarding Christianity, so I am interested to hear about other belief systems and how people view them.
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25 36 Answers Feb 19, 2013 in Religion

I think that it is no worse or better than any other religion. Over the years I have worked with many Muslim people and they are just like any other in the way that there are conservatives,new age types, fanatics, hypocrites etc. That said, I think that All religion sucks.:-)

Best Answer

It is a religion of peace and love ( as all the other ones) use by some people to get power. Actually in the Quran, it says they have to respect Christians and Jews, because they believe in the same God. What we see today in the news are the consequences of sociopolitical problems, which use a religion as a tool to control people.<br />
(I'm not Christian, Muslim, Jew or whatsoever )

Best Answer

read the bible and the quran, almost the same

Best Answer

is the religion of peace and love and God who created everything including us all!

Best Answer

Islam has lost credibility in the eyes of many because of what they see Muslims doing to each other in places like Libya, Yemen, Egypt, Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc., etc..

Best Answer

hmmm that is why hundreds of converters to Islam are recorded every year! And that is why the Holy Quraan is the best seller and the book paid number one on the globe? Tell you what! If you miss it you are the real loser! And whatever said against Islam could make it not any less or weakened! Say whaetever! Only fools and losers will respond to nonesense!

Best Answer

a divine light that fills my heart with joy is islam. Saying nothing in the world matter like its creator is emancipation fromm all creation and my connection with my designer. Its intellectual superiority,its emotional treat. Its the light by which i love. Its the gift that i most cherish. Its only delightful path and its most benevolent blessing. Its my comfort in trials and its my ultimate journey. To me this and much more is islam. To me its the bond that binds me to Muhammad Sallalahu alaihi wasalm.Its my escape to reality.

Best Answer

Problem is Islam has lost credibility in the eyes of many because of what they see Muslims doing to each other in places like Libya, Yemen, Egypt, Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc., etc..

Best Answer

Sallalahu alaihi wasalm

Best Answer

All religion sucks, without religion it would be a more peaceful world.

Best Answer

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Danton, Lenin, Than Shwe, Stalin, Mao, Kim Il Sung, Ceausescu, Honecker, Castro, Pol Pot, Milosevic, Bonaparte and Mussolini sadistic, mass murdering atheists who, collectively, butchered ***hundreds of millions*** of innocent men, women and children?

Best Answer

Unless ive been asked a specific comment on a particular faith ive always used the generic religion, which is an umbrella term for all manner and doctrines of primitive superstition. I find them all equally ridiculous.

Best Answer

If you've done your homework, you know that Islam via 'Muslim Extremist Terrorists' was scapegoated by the engineers of 9/11, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, to create a new enemy for the Military Industrial Complex to profit from at the end to of the lucrative cold war with communist USSR. But what better group to pick on? They have ancient practices that Westerners find barbaric such as honor killing, polygamy and death threats to blasphemers of their faith. But the Muslims I've known personally seem to be just as civilized as you and I. In USA we make it a point to allow religious freedom. But we as a so-called 'Christian Nation' with a so-called 'Born-Again Christian' President Bush, have legitimized the death of one million Iraqi and Afghan souls with our endless WAR ON TERROR! So which society is more barbaric? Muslim or Christian? <br />
“We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.” <br />
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Best Answer

the only monotheistic religion

Best Answer

and the only perfectly right religion that has nothing to hide or keep as secret! And the only religion that is consensusly attacked and hated by all the other religions led by satanic thoughts infused to these poor people's mind by satan himself! Nobody wants to wake up! Nobody wants to flee free their souls from eternal hell! Tell who??!!

Best Answer

Silly. It is true to you because you believe it. Others' beliefs are just as strong and not at all Muslim.

Best Answer

name me one other monotheistic religion

Best Answer

FlowersNButterflies ...Yes you are right its for her because she believe but do you know the fastest growing religion all over the world is Islam… few days back I was discussion with a non-Muslim and she said she has Holy Book Quran with her but she don’t want to read it… because after reading she is 100% sure that she will revert to the Islam… Its all depend on us how we feel ...

Best Answer

many of them know its the truth better than they know their kids and parents! But..they just carry that seed of vanity and false admiration and pride in the past heritage of forebears! They will be forced to open their eyes to the truth after death gives no another chance!!

Best Answer

To each his own....I do not argue religion

Best Answer

I wish more took that view.

Best Answer

well, discussing religion matters on EP will just get you on endless fight with atheists who think that they're not "deluded" by religion, i for one don't attack anybody's beliefs but people keep attacking me.<br />
as for islam, it's a beautiful religion, nothing like what you hear in the media, that's what i know

Best Answer

Like all religions, it can be good for some. As long as it isn't taken too seriously. Zealots and can ruin a good thing for those who practice peacfully.

Best Answer

I always thought that Islam as a whole right now is about as mature as Christianity was a few generations ago. Christianity was forced to grow up, separate itself from the government, and generally improve both for those who followed it and especially for those who did not. All the acts and thoughts most everyone slams Islam for were at one time prevalent in Christianity; women having to cover everything up, way too much emphasis on virginity, women as property, men having all the rights, church elders setting the law, persecution of anyone different, forcing everyone to obey a holy book, executing of gays. Christianity was sort of dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world of tolerance, Islam hasn't yet gone through such a change. Some Islamic countries are literally like a window into mankind's past.

Best Answer

I have read the Qu'ran, and many other religious treatises.<br />
It is just another religion, where a person must set aside any questioning, earlier indoctrination for a convert, and personal inclination to immerse fully into a preproscribed set of beliefs which must be learned by rote.<br />
It is no more and no less than any other belief; however, its' adherents' inability to separate religion from government makes it a greater threat than other religions for those who would wish to leave it. It is why I have expressed concern about fundamentalist christianity and the USA's leaders manipulating religious addicts in order to achieve their own agendas.<br />
In short, religious addicts of any kind are easily led. Much harm has always come from this and likely always will. Religion is no longer necessary in the world.

Best Answer

All people in this world are equal...it's just the fact that man has created boundaries to separate people of different religions, races, etc., etc. .

Best Answer

Like many people, I only know it by its representatives, both those who are positive and negative; I don't know much about its orthodoxy. I tend to reject any ideology that attempts to restrict women's roles, so I was always suspicious about the hijab and segregation of the genders during prayer, etc. But some have told me that's more a feature of the cultures where Islam is practiced, rather than the religion itself.

Best Answer

its the maximum of what you really seek for on earth..peace of mind and carefree heart! Nothing will give this deeply strong endlessly warm and comfort feeling as being a muslim and praying or reading into the holy Quraan!

Best Answer

Thank you, I am content, and think all true believers feel that way about their faith, whatever it is.

Best Answer

That is an opinion. Subjective.

Best Answer

why should i be subjective? What will i gain for myself! Its the fact! The most common and humanly spreadwide fact!

Best Answer

The fact that we get "plenty of input regarding Christianity" is exactly it. Moderate, liberal Christians are a vocal part of Western society, which tends to drown out the lunatic fringe. There's no such vocal majority in Islam, which leads people to think THEIR lunatic fringe is representative.

Best Answer

That input is generally negative, it seems, regardless of how liberal/moderate Christianity is.

Best Answer

Rather depends who you talk to, doesn't it? In my country bishops automatically get a seat in the upper House of Parliament, which in my eyes rather cripples any attempts by Christians to claim oppression.

Best Answer

Like many other things, it is missed used to make others feel better than others or to impose their feelings on others.

Best Answer

I don't think about it or any other religion, every one of them including Christianity, is run by control freaks and liars.

Best Answer

If I say what I think it might come off as an insult, but really it's just a general opinion of religion, which is a negative view. Islam is fine and dandy in comparison to every other religion though. They're all as good as the person practicing and the culture that embraces it. Some people can't just live their beliefs, they have to force others to accept them too. I have one Muslim friend and he's got to be the most liberal one in the world who still believes what he's practicing. He's a great person! But then I read about Muslims who think the rest of us are worse than pigs because we don't bow to their god. Those are the ones who make me uncomfortable, and it doesn't matter if they're Muslim or Christian or a cabbage worshiping Vegist.

Best Answer

Well the word Islam does mean submission..so one could see how individuals would interpret that as making others submit to its teachings.

Best Answer

And Christian means follower of Christ but it's rare to see those who profess to follow actually acting like they are! lol

Best Answer

you better try to understand what islam stands for, and not what weak humans named muslim pretend it to be in their wrong behaving! Take ur water from the mouth of the spring, coz in its flow it may reach a dirty land that makes it complicated then to identify the good from the bad! See sources of Quraan and Sunna!
Www.islamreligion.com

Best Answer

I have no idea what you're talking about, aycha. Water from the mouth of the spring? Weak humans? I'm baffled.

Best Answer

i mean some muslims can unfortunately give a bad impression about islam, so dont follow islam through average ordinary muslims, try to scope it from its main stream flowing from the quraan and Sunna!

Best Answer

The ones who don't know how to behave in mixed company are the ones who are giving Islam a bad name. Is there anything in your Quraan or Sunna that tells them they should behave this way? Are they supposed to not push their religion on others or is it like CHristianity in that you're instructed by your own god to "save" the rest of us before we are killed and tortured by God?

Best Answer

people get killed and tortured by their own malice and bad intentions towards others! God is merciful and loving! He gave us the catalogue for the ideal and most perfect style for living according to "live and let live"! Once you follow His doctrines, you'll feel the sweetness of getting in harmony with all the universe and feeling deep serenity! However i describe it, you'll not get what i mean till you practice it really!
Some muslims are simply "a part time muslims" who dont seem to apply all their religeous teaching to their life! So they sometimes miss the link and give the bad wrong impression!!

Best Answer

It's been misunderstood in some ways. There's a difference between islam and extremism. The line has been blurred due to some people calling themselves "Muslims" when in fact they're nothing but idiotic fools- and evil at most times. However the blame goes on the entire religion, when in fact there are Muslims who want nothing more but peace. :)

Best Answer