Crimsonorchid Crimsonorchid 26-30, F 17 Answers Dec 18, 2012 in Intimacy

I'm naturally monogamous. When I love someone, I don't even notice anyone else. It'd be nice to find someone else like that.

Best Answer

I've been questioning monogamy. I feel an attraction to more than one person so why tie myself to one? But at the same time people need someone for the long run of there life.

Best Answer

New scientific studies suggest that if a woman has multiple sexual partners, this will lower her levels of oxytocin which in turn will damage her ability to bond. Oxytocin is a neuro-peptide most commonly associated with pregnancy and breast-feeding. It seems to act as a human "superglue," helping a mother bond with her infant. It is also released during sexual arousal and there, too, seems to work as a "superglue."

Best Answer

That makes alot of sense

Best Answer

That's really interesting. Might help me undestand why I don't really want kids.

Best Answer

In my opinion, the best sex is monogamous sex. Being totally committed to one person and having the same commitment in return is the fr<x>amework for total openness. I couldn't live any other way.

Best Answer

I am in a very similar situation, I say it's up to you, me I do what I have to to fulfill my needs and desires

Best Answer

I hear ya... I just don't think I can make it another 2 years... And that would b a shame because we really do get along pretty well and I would hate to lose my friend . I guess I'm still trying to figure out how everyone can remain unaffected by the change I feel coming

Best Answer

I understand that, for me it's been 21/2 years and although I love her I just need physical stimulation beyond having to ********** on webcam or something

Best Answer

Exactly. I want to be appreciated in that way

Best Answer

Don't know about you but it makes me feel undesirable and unwanted

Best Answer

Or like I'm forgetting what it feels like or how to do it... Maybe growing a complex?? Lol- I'm not ugly

Best Answer

Right, I mean I'm not gods gift but I've had other women want me, so what have I done wrong here

Best Answer

Obviously you haven't done anything wrong, I don't really feel like I have (or at least not yet) and actually my bf hasn't either (physically incapable) so I don't want to punish him but I don't want to b a freaking nun either! I think I have more concerns about the what ifs than he does. He makes it sound so simple . Eventually I will cave and give in to my desires(without a prospect in sight lol) I just hope I can do it in a way that I don't have to feel shame or guilt

Best Answer

Right, well I wish you luck, when you do give in he will be a lucky man :)

Best Answer

Awesome :) thanks

Best Answer

I know one thing, be honest! So many people lie about monogamy and have no intentions of one partner.

Best Answer

Yes being dishonest is def the toxic part , I have a bf who used to b able but now is unable to perform. I Have not "had any" in almost 2 years and he says he would b okay if I had my needs met elsewhere but I can't really bring myself to c how there would b a good outcome in that since woman are very emotionally vulnerable through intimacy

Best Answer

Just a thought, maybe if your partner was involved with your needs? And maybe you could open your boundaries? May spark your current partner?

Best Answer

Have you tried an exclusively oral relationship? Many men, myself among them, find cunni lingus very satisfying. I'm told quite a few women enjoy it too :)

Best Answer

He's older (can't undue it now) I'm 30, he's 62.... Been together sine I was 26 and he was 58. We live together and I feel like family to him and his children. I've never said a word of this before now but like I said I'm 30 and my hormones are taking over... It sounds like a hot mess I know ... Be frank if you may, what do you mean by boundaries?

Best Answer

Have you thought about a ********* with another chic? Involve your guy he may spark for you? No one needs to know what happens behind closed doors!

Best Answer

He's actually VERY good at that but for a while now I've been pleasing him in that fashion but he doesn't reciprocate. I've kinda just let him off the hook. He doesn't have the same desires I do .

Best Answer

I'm currently in the first monogamous relationship in my life, whereas I've always been poly, and there are advantages and disadvantages to both. <br />
I'm a very non-attaching person, I don't easily commit, so poly worked well for me because it obliged the others to limit their clinginess as well. It's true however that in a poly relationship there is always a hint of suspicion, especially when you aren't full-blown poly. If all the people involved are involved with each other it's different, but if that's not the case... not all people can deal with possible jealousy equally well. <br />
In a way, monogamy is a gift. Foremost you have to consider yourself worthy enough to "be enough" for a man/woman, and then you also choose to devote all your attention to one person. That puts you in a very vulnerable position, and it's very important that your partner doesn't take your monogamy for granted.

Best Answer

Monogamy is a great social construct it lets two people provide complete near-constant support and love to each other.<br />
Heres a great vid on that<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_rIT0juiM

Best Answer

Mostly interesting for ape/monkey studies, not so much interesting with people since then I stop having a clue xD

Best Answer

Monogomy...i don't have to worry about "who' i told what.

Best Answer

I never thought I would be monogomous until I met my current bf of 4 years. I have no desire to stray just because I love him so much =)

Best Answer

monogamy means earth and moon. neat and clean.

Best Answer

Comfortable, secure, cozy vs. fun, exciting, insecure. Depends on what you prefer.

Best Answer

Simpler.

Best Answer

I prefer it.

Best Answer