Would you say something? Or you just rather not have seen it and gone on with your day?
MadamElle MadamElle 26-30, F 16 Answers Apr 23, 2013 in EP

Depends on the situation,too many parents shy away from a bit of physical discipline when that is what is needed. Short and sharp.

Best Answer

I have more respect for a parent who disciplines their child than I have for one who lets the child run rampant without discipline. A swat on the butt never killed anybody.

Best Answer

The belt was how we learned. My dad only used it once on me and every other time, he just made a quick snap with it to warn us. I still love my dad just as much as I did when I was a kid. I was just a little sh*t.

Best Answer

...It nauseates me to see and hear it, because my parents smacked me across the face, backhanded me, punched me, hit me with whatever was handy, and that was often to punctuate the verbal abuse.<br />
...They didn't do it in a reasonable manner, no, they hit me because of their own stress levels.<br />
I was the marital punching bag.<br />
...I find it hard to believe someone can strike their child and do so in a way that's good for the child.<br />
It's usually only good for the parent.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that. I really think it's a spectrum though; I was smacked maybe three times in my childhood, always as a last resort and with a warning, but some people are going to see the idea of "physical discipline" as an excuse to take their violent impulses out on their children. "Don't hit your children, full stop" is I suppose the natural place to draw a line, but personally I think it's a reasonable tool for a responsible parent to let a kid know they've gone too far.

Best Answer

If it's a spank on the bottom or them grabbing them and whispering in their ear, it's fine. Obviously that parent is fed up with their kid throwing a tantrum or bothering them while they shop. <br />
If they slap them, punch them, push them to the floor etc. I will say something and I will be calling security on their arses.

Best Answer

If a child is being a brat in public then i admire the parent who gives them a slap on the behind for it.

Best Answer

If the "physical" is just a small tap, then nothing. If it's not done out of love, I'd say something.

Best Answer

if I saw a parent swat the childs butt I would go on about my day but if I saw a parent punch a child in the face or slam a child into something I would say something I have known of parents who think it is perfectly ok to slam a child or punch them

Best Answer

It is wrong both in public and in private!

Best Answer

i've never seen it where I live.

Best Answer

I do see parents giving their kids a little smack, and although I don't agree with that, I wouldn't interfere. Unless it escalated....

Best Answer

Like this qustion I should and would leave it be.

Best Answer