Me personaly!, I have 7 tattoos! but I have them place well and descrete!, people who know for years or new indivuals havn't a clue I have em or when they seem them, they are shocked!!! to find out that me out of all people are one of those so many who are addicted to them and love them!! for me it is a part of me a story my own self expression. one peice inparticular is of a tree! and I even have it as a quarter sleeve!, but it means so much! it was a break through tatt for me. helped as part of a healing process of the rough childhood I been through. that even no matter all I been through barely alive but strong and sterdy as hell! I am still left standing and growing sprouting a few leaves as I continue building my life foward. . . .
chrissyofire chrissyofire 31-35, F 49 Answers Apr 26, 2011

I don't mind tattoos on anyone, have at it!

Best Answer

I'm over 40, and for the first 25 years of my life the majority of people with tattoos were military men, bikers, and criminals. The only women with tats were biker *****. That's just the way it was then.<br />
Obviously at one point all that changed. They became a fashion statement of sorts. I realized this and let go of the idea that only certain types of people had tattoos. <br />
However, I do judge them as a fashion statement. And I just find most of them unattractive. Certain small ones, in unobtrusive places aren't so bad. But I've never seen a tattoo that was so good I'd want to wear it forever. In the fashion sense, I've never had a shirt or shoes or piece of jewelry that I would want to wear everyday for the rest of my life. And in my opinion, most tattoos are flat out butt ugly.<br />
So I think they are trashy, not in the moral sense, but in an artistic fashion way. Maybe you're wearing a nice outfit, but the tattoos on your hand are trashy. To me, it's the equivalent of wearing a great dress with a pair of old beat up tennis shoes. <br />
The other day I saw a man with "Harley Davidson" inked on his bicep. Ok fine, he likes bikes. But he could have least SPELLED IT RIGHT !!! It's not "Harley Davadson." What an ***. Trashy. Very trashy.

Best Answer

I like tattoos! I just don't like them when they cover most of a persons body, but that still doesn't make a person trashy.

Best Answer

I have one on my back, up on the shoulder blade. I wish I had never done it. I don't think people who refuse to get them are scared, I think they're just smarter than people who do. All in all, yes, I think they are trashy.

Best Answer

Pretty poor way to express yourself. I have one I wish I hadn't. Fashion will go, tattoo will stay. It doesn't look so good when faded on old skin

Best Answer

Usually the christian right are the ones with problems like that.

Best Answer

I am an atheist and I think tattoos are disgusting.

Best Answer

Trashy. Your actions speak louder than any tattoo will. To think some ink on your skin is anything other than a cartoon is trashy, for ****'s sake.

Best Answer

I love tattoos on people. But I also think you can go over board with them. But I don't judge people for it. I have one on my ankle and everyone loves it. It looks nice and its not over done or under done. I had a older lady tell me she loved it. So its all in what you like. But it doesn't make me trashy or anyone else for that matter. I know many teachers that have them. Dam even the stupid rich people of the world have them. Most have meaning to the person that has them. Like mine its for my boys.

Best Answer

Great answer ;)

Best Answer

Sorry , I still see them the most on the poorest people that smoke. Your Hollywood folks started the trend and the sheeple wannabes followed it. You said everyone likes your tattoo. You might want to retract that . I know , I would not like it , I do not like any tattoos. It tells me alot about the people that got them and none of it is good. It is your right to do what you want to your body and it is my right to judge as we all do. If you say you never judge someone by appearance , you would be lying. We all judge people, are they handsome, smart, pretty, elegant, slutty.. whatever. It is called life.

Best Answer

have you ever served in the military?if not then you are 10x more offensive then any tattoo is.you like to say that alonelyheartofmine is a sheeple,but isnt some one with a pic of a timberwolf not trendy.that tells me you only do what you are told to do,just like a pack of wolves,follow the *** in front.

Best Answer

That's fine if you don't like them, but then again your closed minded. I'm just trying to figure out how a tat for my boys and one covering a scar for breast cancer is trashy or what it has to do with Hollywood. Tat's have been around far longer than Hollywood has. What on earth is could possibly say about me as a person. UMM lets think about this. I love my boys and that breast cancer is a struggle for all who have had to deal with it.. YEP that must be trashy... :) You really should stop and think before you speak. I don't judge people on how they look. I would much rather get to know someone before I make a judgement on them. Guess you can't say that.. Not everyone judges people on looks...

Best Answer

Not closed minded. We all have likes and dislikes. If you say you like every fashion style, every body type or even every package for a product , you would be lying.

Best Answer

I say if you want one get one. I personally never would have one. Just not for me. I used to think they were cool but now just cliche . But unfortunately when i see someone covered with them I think it's kind of trashy.

Best Answer

Because, person with tattoo like to hurting themselves and I think that's not good. We must treasure our body, not hurting them. Because, if we didn't value our body, then how to make other person value us?

Best Answer

Some are some aren't,but some people think you're strange if you don't have one. <br />
I wear long sleeved shirts the majority of the time and when I wear a t-shirt you can see that some peoples perception changes. Both of my arms are heavily sleeved, large majority of the women I have met thought it was sexy though. For some reason that totally caught me off guard, and I was like "really?!" with a stupid look on my face. Some also think I look like a thug.<br />
My tattoos are all apart of a life changing experience and for the most part are in tribute to others. <br />
I never really considered my tattoos to be decorative.For me it's about the process and a willingness to endure the pain.A way of holding a place for those who are not able to do so.<br />
I managed to survive multiple combat tours and attended an Ivy League University. <br />
Just think about what you're doing.I would draw my tattoos on my arms and start conceptualizing well before I was actually tattooed.Think about what it means beyond what you see.<br />
The process does not feel good regardless of what they say,but it's worth it, and it goes "numb" after a while because your endorphins are spent.Finally, as we all know, they're permanent.<br />
But I will always be a permanent badass.<br />
Have a nice day :)

Best Answer

They are either a sign of trashiness, emotional unstableness, craziness, or stupidity. <br />
However, I am not saying with this that anyone with a tattoo is an undesirable or a fool that I look down upon, no. There a lot of people without tattoos that I find to be scum and people with tattoos that are great people and people with admirable virtues. <br />
But there is certainly a type of person we all know would never get one and we know why. Say what you want in their defense; generally speaking, we all expect more tattoos in Jerry Springer's panel than in an university, that's a reality.

Best Answer

But you are saying you look down on those of us with a tat. You described us all as either trash, emotionally unstable, crazy or just stupid. So I guess because i have two tat's one for my boys, that mean the world to me and one that covers a scar for breast cancer i must be trashy, emotionally unstable, crazy or stupid. My Husband the most generous, loving, kind, had working man I know has two. One to honor our country and one to honor his mother who passed. What is he n your eye's? To me your a closed minded thinker. But who am I to judge. That's just my Opinion...

Best Answer

Tattoos are not "fashion statements." Rather, they are acquired by attention-seekers. "Hey, look at Heather's tattoo!" "Oh, cool, Heather!" Heather liked the attention. Then the attention slacked-off, so she got another tat. "Hey, look at Heather's NEW tat!" And so on for losers with poor judgement. Oh yeah, I'm the one that's screwed-up.

Best Answer

Well f*#cken said .

Best Answer

So what your saying is people only get them for attention? Really!! That may be true for some people. But for most it's not. I got my tat's after thinking long and hard about what I wanted. One for my boys and one to cover a scar for breast cancer and that one is in an area of my body most don't see. SO tell me how that is for attention.. Your way of thinking is closed minded and judgmental. It's very sad. I know many people that have tat's for great reasons and are the nicest people you could ever know.

Best Answer

Wasn't well f**ken said. It was closed minded judgement... It's sad....

Best Answer

really,I bet you wound not say that to my big 6,5 330 pound veteran coverd tattooed *** now would you,coward,the ony reason why you hate us,is because you coundnt be one of use.so have a coke and a smile and shut the **** up

Best Answer

Oh my! Another attention-seeking, bullying, semi-literate psychopath that I would not hire.

Best Answer

I have some uncles that got them while in the military.They never look as good as they initially did.Old wrinkled skin just makes them very bad.I have known people that just knew they met their soul mate ,got a tat w/their name and even their image only to break up and now they have to a tat to remind them of that person.hmmm maybe not such a good idea.

Best Answer

good for you, hun!<br />
i love tattoos, even though i don't have any myself. maybe some day...<br />
anyway, any silly people who think that a mark on the surface of your skin makes you better or worse than someone else needs to go back and read 'the sneeches', by dr. seuss.<br />
;)

Best Answer

I think they look ugly and low class. Does that make me a bigot? Probably in your eyes it does. Think about this. We all make judgments on people, on what people wear and heck even the people we date. I think it would be hypocritical to say someone that finds tattoos ugly is prejudice. I also associate tattoos with people that are manipulated by Hollywood trends and lining up like sheep. I wonder if the OP is a smoker. I find that people that follow trends are insecure and follow the crowd that starts smoking . Please do not tell me if you are a tattoo person that does not smoke.. I never said , ALL tattoo people smoke. I just have observed that most do, especially when I see the fry cook on a cigarette break , thinking he/she is so cool.

Best Answer

For one tat's have been around a lot longer than Hollywood has. With that being said I don't give a rats *** about Hollywood. I would say your very closed minded if this is the way you think. My tat's have meaning to me. One is for my two son's and the other covers a scare and it's for breast cancer. SO tell me what the hell that has to do with Hollywood? So I'm trashy in your eye's because I have tat's, and I'll say thank you. I would rather be trashy than stuck up and a snob.

Best Answer

Instead of spending money on tattoos for tributes, give that money to charities affiliated with family members. Sorry , just a lame excuse to ink your body. Again , it is your right to do what you want to your body and my right as a business owner to make money. I will continue not to hire people with visible tattoos.

Best Answer

If you had read correctly I said one was covering a scar I have for breast cancer. I"m still alive. The other one is for my boys that are still alive. Very healthy and alive thank you. I also donate money to charities. Many charities. So I don't see where i'm wasting money. I don't need an excuse to ink my body, It's mine. I would never work for someone that is so closed minded. You do realize there are many men and women that serve this country that have tat's. Many honor fallen soldiers. You think they are trashy?? You wouldn't hire a vet that fought for this country, fought for your rights? I know many people that have tat's and they are the hardest working and nicest people you could ever meet. I also know many non tat people that are just lazy, mean and just cheat people. This world needs less people like you and more people with understanding and non-judgmental. There would be less hatred and violence in this world if people would just learn to respect everyone for who they are. But you live in your little black and white world. I like living where the colors are bright and let people prove to me who they are, rather than make assumptions by the way they look. I'm me tat's and all and I love me.

Best Answer

not much :P

Best Answer

I personally have 10 and dont regret any all of them I planned heavily are a symbol of where I was at a point in my life and I know 50 years from now it will envoke great memories. That being said I think a lot of people give most tattoo people a bad name. Also I believe most people are to quick to judge us with them to quickly I guess the term respect someone for who they are not for how they look is something most dont have the gull to follow.

Best Answer

Last summer in the bus, I made an exceptionally good encounter, probably thanks to a tattoo I have. I'm a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise and I got a very well done Yoda on one of my feet. If I hadn't this old lady probably wouldn't have come to talk to me about it, and I wouldn't have met a great mentor. It is definitely your right to dislike it, but it usually is a reflection of one's personality, or one's choice. And if it's a bad choice, it'll be a bad tattoo; that is all there is to it.

Best Answer

I find certain kinds of tattoos trashy, and more often than not the person that is wearing them will quickly let you know if they themselves are trashy or not. I see so many generic flash tattoos that took no thought whatsoever and it shows. I know good ink when I see it, however those that are prejudiced against ink will always be so. Chances are they'll never see you differently because they are shallow enough to judge everyone solely on appearance. Now I'm not saying cover your face in ink, there is definitely a time and a place for it to be shown if you still want to function in mainstream society, but it's the same with most skin and professional settings. Show less. If you have things that are harder to cover in professional environments, well that's why they make dermablend. Addressing the issue of aging skin. 1) Don't kid yourself, we're all going to be a lot less pretty than we were in our 20's 2) I won't be running around showing crazy amounts of skin as I age 3) tattoos are costly, don't get one if you don't expect to maintain it and take care of your skin over the years. <br />
I do agree with the statements that say you shouldn't get peoples names etc. It's generally trashy and bad luck, though there are few exceptions to this. I take the Red Vs. Blue approach. <br />
1)How old are you now<br />
2)Subtract ten years off of that<br />
3)what did you like then? what would you have tattooed on you then? <br />
Consider this carefully.<br />
Getting tattoos should require A LOT of thought and time. You need to consider that it will be there forever. <br />
I carry myself well because I know that I am classy and my demeanor reflects that. Those that mistake me for being anything less than that are quickly corrected when their crass behavior is met with cold stoicism and/or sarcasm. <br />
I have 3. 1 is a large chest piece that reflects something that is part of my life. It was well done and cost me quite a bit. 1 is the beginning of a larger vanitas piece, and 1 is a rather clever japanese styled ex<x>pression of my religion (think symbolism here, and not cliche ones). <br />
For good tattoos that you want to be able to carry well EXPECT TO INVEST A LOT OF MONEY. If you're looking for cheap tattoos, that's generally how you will look, cheap and trashy.

Best Answer

Always with the inventory...

Best Answer