Do you think the word race in referring to racial is too controversial. Or conversely do you think ethnicity for ethnic background is too politically correct? Or another opinion?
artemesia4u artemesia4u 18-21, F 11 Answers Apr 30, 2012

It will sound excellent at the Olympics. "Now, the firnal of the 100 m ethnicity. Dumb.

Best Answer

"The winner of the car ethnicity is..."

"We are all members of the human ethnicity..."

"Join the rat ethnicity..."

Naw, I don't think so!

Best Answer

Geesh its just a question. Not necessarily my opinion. Basically wanted to know what others think.

Best Answer

Not a good idea because it's not the same thing. Just look at Western Europe - a lot of people are the same race but have different ethnicitics - Irish, French, German, etc....

Best Answer

Some people say the German face, French race, Spanish, Italian race etc. Not into whether they are using the term race correctly. Just saying its used this way

Best Answer

I wish we didn't need either. Doesn't really matter to me.

Best Answer

Why specifically doesn't it matter. My take is we are one race, the human race. Can't tell where you're coming from and I don't mean where you live or where you were born lol

Best Answer

I think that fact that we are all the human race is where my thoughts are. I don't see the color of skin or if someone is gay or fat or skinny as defining the person. I think we spend far to much time noting our differences that we neglect the real issues that we need to be aware of to make a real difference. If they are wanting to know something to see if it is related to an illness or something that affects the quality of a life then it has a purpose to define those areas. but it kind of bugs me that I am ask what race I am or my marital status. It's like putting Mr. Mrs. Miss on a form. Why?

Best Answer

I don't know why everyone is all worried about new words and expressions. Language changes constantly. Otherwise we'd still be talking like in the Middle Ages, and it never killed anyone that we don't.

Best Answer

Ok,but race is "faster"

Best Answer

they aren't actual always used in reference to the same thing. Like in the US black is considered a race, but those people could have all sorts of different ethnic backgrounds.

Best Answer

"ethnic-ancestry" is what I use.

Best Answer