Piracy *is* rampant on the internet, so this sort of legislation is to be expected, but both bills look like they were drafted by politicians who don't have a clue about the internet and how it works (backed by the equally clueless RIAA and MPAA). The burden imposed on sites like EP or Wikipedia would be more than enough to shut them down, I suspect, and kill most of what's good about the internet while not actually having much of an effect on piracy.<br />
I just hope, here in the UK, that our politicians aren't daft enough to follow suit.

Best Answer

i think that the internet should stay the way it is. they already made real life complicated with rules, why complicate the one thing we have-internet

Best Answer

ITS SOME BULL---T!

Best Answer

I signed the petition and contacted my senators to protest the bill and urge their support in rallying against them....so what do you think? lol^^ I hate censorship and government control of free knowledge.

Best Answer

Even if you don't vote, look up your senator and congressman and tell them to vote no. The SOPA and PIPA rats are abandoning ship left and right, but they may make a last ditch frontal assault to try and force it through. If there is overwhelming opposition to a bill, a congressperson will usually vote against it out of fear of loosing the next elections - not because they believe in representative government. Email now.

Best Answer

Censorship and corporations cracking down on the rights of the people under the guise of protecting intellectual property.

Best Answer

I like them more than FIFA

Best Answer