IdleTraveller IdleTraveller 22-25, F 18 Answers Apr 25, 2010

It is mathematically impossible for us to be the only intelligent life in the galaxy, let alone the universe. The fact that they would only come to us when they need resources makes a lot of sense. If you have no problems why would you stretch out from where you are comfortable to go to a place where the dominant species kill each other over who has the better imaginary friend. <br />
To kill them and take their ****. <br />
And that is why we are all going to die.

Best Answer

Well why would thay wont what is here when there plenty of planents without any one onit to get there minerials

Best Answer

You mean where he compares native Americans to earthlings and that didn't work so well? Virginia Dare. Anyone who knows who she is without looking--you got my unwavering admiration cause I'm old and I learned that in school. You guys didn't learn a thing and it wasn't your fault. After the very well-educated college students rioted their butts off in the sixties--we never educated anyone to that level again. Education is a liberal process--meaning that to educate someone to their capacity you reach their heart as well as their mind. No more of that. Why religion is taking over--no reasoning to make make it separate.

Best Answer

I'm guessin he's given it lot more thought than I have.<br />
Time will tell. An I believe that.

Best Answer

remember ' mars attacks '

Best Answer

I think this sentence of his sums it up nicely:<br />
He explained: "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."

Best Answer

chances are there are lots of different kinds of aliens, some may be dangerous some may be benevolent but i don't think we'd have much choice in making contact with the dangerous kind. if they wanted something they could just take it couldn't they?

Best Answer

oh just cos he is the cleverest person on the planet....what does he know.................

Best Answer

....I agree. they could be less evolved and violent and or scared or more evolved and have no empathy, only genius destructive weapons. Also the logic on earth is not the same as on anouther planet and even more so in anouther galaxy- We would'nt understand a thing.

Best Answer

Off course it can be, its like tourists traveling blindly to south africa, they dont know what they let them self into, they are not prepared for the unknown. Your stay there could go either way, in the morgue or with happy memories.<br />
It that makes any sense,hmmmm?

Best Answer

I think he is absolutely right and that his example about native Americans is a good one.

Best Answer

Stephan Hawkings is supposed to be one of the most intelligent people on the planet. I don't think one has to be exceptionally bright to think that "contact with aliens could be dangerous." duh

Best Answer

Remember, he's oxygen-deprived.<br />
Anything could be dangerous, so of course, if on the off-chance an alien came to our planet, the alien might be unfriendly. However, I hardly think that would be the case. Whereas we would probably shoot to kill from the get-go.<br />
Remember, "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Michael Rennie.

Best Answer

I agree wholeheartedly .... we would be stupid to think we are the only intelligent live out there....

Best Answer