flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 12 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Hobbies

They do not work ALL DAY. They get paid overtime. It is the least they can do to appreciate what the Indians have done for us.

Best Answer

funny

Best Answer

Most of them don't get anything more in the retail industry .....it's a requirement that they work some holidays if the store is open. I remember one job .....they did give us pizza for lunch though...because they thought if we left we may not come back.

Best Answer

In other countries they have laws saying you have to give time off or compensate but ....around here.....they are in love with corporate interests. They call if "right to work" but it really means workers have few rights as they have no leverage.

Best Answer

I feel that if a emploee want to work or not to work on Thansgiving and Christmas shold be up to the employee. There is lots of employee's that would love the pay

Best Answer

Family time is not sacred anymore. I bet all the people that decided that their business will be open, will be spending that day with their families. Disgraceful.

Best Answer

That's the business sector for you..many people pay the price for our etra conviences ,that's life !

Best Answer

What do they care. It is about the bottom line anyways.

Best Answer

In retail you know many days are busier during holidays, it's part of the job.

Best Answer

I don't believe in corporate America its the root of what's wrong with our country.

Best Answer

Profit trumps holidays.

Best Answer

Greed

Best Answer

Why don't they negotiate for triple time on Holidays or a couple extra days during their paid vacations in the summer under their next contract? Now all they get is a small bone *** in their pay check if they're lucky. If they save it for next year they can afford to buy a big Turkey. In the mean time, lets all race to the bottom.

Best Answer