Can't wait for the angry Canadians...
tjschira tjschira 22-25 11 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Politics

Like any country's thought that they themselves are exceptional: immature.

Best Answer

We were, but a lot of us have begun to think we are Europeans.

Best Answer

It is a sick, foolish, concept. I have seen this among people who are not well traveled, or who travel to places that are self-contained and never see another country.

There is much that we can learn from other first-world nations. What exceptionalism is doing is creating sheeple that work harder, with fewer vacations and no health care, because they do not know any better. The only exceptional thing about America is that we are actually winning THE RACE TO THE BOTTOM.

Best Answer

Unwarranted and delusional.

Best Answer

I'm American and have no idea what you're talking about.

Best Answer

American Exceptionalism is the belief that Americans are in some way exceptional. It's a poli sci term used to describe the "this is the best country in the world" rhetoric and belief structure that drives our political system.

Best Answer

I think that's an idea proliferated by people from other countries .. who base their view of the US by what they see on TV, movies or in US politics.
There is no best country in the world for everyone .. since everyone's perception of that is different.
I love living in the US .. and it's the best place for me .... but I've never thought it would be right for everyone.
I wish we regular "folks" all over the world would just try to get to know each other so we can get rid of these stereotypes.

Best Answer

Even if you don't agree with it (I don't) recognizing its role is SO important in understanding American politics. It's why people labelled Obama an apologist, admitting our faults as a nation is seen as utterly unpateiotic, it ***** with our god complex

Best Answer

Politics really does more harm than good when it comes to international relations on a human level.

Best Answer

Religious arrogance and ignorance.

Best Answer

Not a lot a the moment, considering they are so poverty stricken have such low wages and their democratic leaders do diddly squat ...

Best Answer