Ertjie123 Ertjie123 36-40, F 6 Answers Jul 14, 2012

Every therapist has their own personal limits & comfort zone levels. Many therapists are (in my opinion) overly worried about their licenses to practice. If a patient becomes really sick, or they feel the patient's risk of suicide is high, then the therapist likely will feel scared of the potential legal issues they could face... for an example.... if the patient were to die or commit suicide. Legally, it could cause trouble for the therapist if the person was currently a patient of his/hers when a tragedy like that took place. Their code of ethics manual might suggest that they should have referred the patients to a higher level of care under those circumstances if they felt their therapy services were no longer beneficial enough to the patient. Therapists can feel very uneasy when a patient becomes ill or is considered a high risk client, because besides it affecting their reputation & self-esteem, it opens the door for potential lawsuits, and losing their license to practice altogether. <br />
I see you said above that you're diagnosed with both BPD & Bipolar I. It's sad, but so common for therapists to drop borderline patients, because they're either not trained well enough to understand how to treat the disorder (in turn they think no progress is being made) or due the disorders reputation of having an extremely high suicide attempt rate (which could put the therapist's license & practice legally at risk) If you're diagnosed with BPD try to find a Dialectical Behavioral therapist (DBT) They are highly trained & specialize in BPD. They are much less likely to drop their clients, and have very high comfort zones. They understand the disorder the best, and make it their goal to keep their patients in therapy without having to hospitalize.

Best Answer

Perhaps he was giving up on himself.

Best Answer

If therapist are like that, what is the point seeing one?

Best Answer

Maybe that has nothing to do with why he can no longer treat you. What makes you think it does?

Best Answer

He sent me a sms and said that the therapy is not going as planned, he can no longer be my therapist.

Best Answer

I had one that done crazier stuff than i did

Best Answer