Tea Party Shutdown? You really think the "Tea Party" is that influential? Where do you get your news, the Al Jeerah Gazette?

Best Answer

Earth to uninformed cartoon boy - the downgrade happened because the debt ceiling was raised and debt increased by $300 billion the next day

Best Answer

Wrong - if what you're claiming was correct then interest rates would have skyrocketed, and when I say skyrocket I don't mean go from negative real interest on TIPS to real returns of 1.25%, we're talking Reagan era interest rates.

Best Answer

I never argue with someone who has a skull as his avatar. Its the sign of economic genius. My apologies for disturbing "the force"

Best Answer

I think that the GOP will suffer a pretty big backlash when the voters go to the polls, and also I think we are seeing The Tea party begin to implode on itself. They are not the kind of people to take defeat with grace, so I think they will try and take down whoever and whatever with them in their fall.

Best Answer

I agree. Sad, but I think it will happen.

Best Answer

bunch of fuqing a-holes! DEMS - take back the house 2014!!!

Best Answer

There was no default

Best Answer

Not technically, but Tea Party members very clearly showed that they would gladly force a default just to shame the first African-American President in American history. The White Supremacist fervor of the Tea Party movement has superceded the original goals -laid out by the American Legislative Exchange Council- of trying to use the group to fight environmental legislation by convincing rubes that if we got rid of the EPA there would be more jobs for rural hicks.

Best Answer

You speak the truth.

Best Answer

Consistent, considering it was downgraded when they were running Wall Street.<br />
Maybe if they take the Senate and presidency in 2014, they can finally cause that Great Depression that they've been trying so hard for. And they can, and will, blame it all on the past policies of Obama.<br />
After all Obama his to blame for every thing else.

Best Answer