As a woman who had been in an abusive relationship years ago (he hit me with a car among other things) I can speak from my experience. I thought several things 1. I needed him and he needed me. 2. no other man would ever love me. 3. It was my fault he became angry with me. 4. I deserved to be hit because it was my fault.<br />
There are probably several other reasons, but these are the main ones.<br />
When a woman doesn't know what the words "self-respect" means, she can't act on it.And if you've been told "you're worthless" several hundred times, you start to believe it. And it's difficult to ask for help when you're being threatened. These women need understanding, not judgement. (not that anyone here is)

Best Answer

No judgement childofweakness. I am glad that you found the strength to know that you are worth loving!

Best Answer

Yes and they need help to realize they need to get out.

Best Answer

I think some woman make every excuse in the book because of children and all there hard work putting their all into a marriage they once loved and had great exspections.They hang on and think tomorrow will be different,,putting things on the back burner,they seem to think about everyone and work 24 7 to fix it.My heart reaches out to thoes who do not want to give up,they think life starting over is to great of fear,loneliness,friends,family dissapointing thoes they love.Yes, my heart breaks for them so I pray to God that He will open a door so they can find healing,freedom and be more stronger then ever befor and find the beauty of life as the once started out to find.

Best Answer

more angry , to tell the truth.

Best Answer

I feel very annoyed..

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

I feel awful for them of course - they need help.

Best Answer

my heart goes out to them, men or women.

Best Answer

I want to help them, no woman should be abused it's wrong. In some ways I feel sorry for them but I feel angry to because I know they don't have to take it, they stay because they are so in love with the guy and are hoping he will change. In most cases the guy will not change without help even then. It would be up to the girl to leave. I have a friend who was in a abusive relationship, the guy broke her arm even, I tried to help her, had the police numbers of times pick her up to help her, she always wen't back, he said he was sorry and he would never hurt her again, it happed not even three full days later, he beat her. She was in the hospital for two weeks. I wouldn't put up with an abusive guy.

Best Answer

of course

Best Answer