Ok, so last semester I started to like a girl in one of my classes. We are only able to talk briefly as there isn't a lot of time between our classes. Even though we don't talk outside of school we are friends. Anyways, summer comes and goes and even though we don't have any of the same classes, they are near each other (also at the same time) and we walk the same way to our next classes. After classes yesterday I asked her if she only had classes on certain days (the days I see her on) and she said yes and asked me when I had classes, to which I answer Monday through Friday. Then she says "I guess I'll be seeing you a lot then". After that we had to go to different ways. A friend of mine says she could either be flirting or simply stating that she'll be seeing me a lot in general. As far as her tone went, she was in a good mood when she said it, if that helps. I figure I'll know for sure the next time I see her, which won't be until next week. Any input?
Army0917 Army0917 31-35, M 14 Answers Aug 31, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Go for it the worst that can happen is "no". Why not?

Best Answer

LMAO! 26-30! Really?

Best Answer

Yes, really. Is there an issue with that?

Best Answer

Agreed

Best Answer

@Army0917, no but it's more the sort of Q I'd expect from 13-15 year old, just wondering if you are in the correct age group?

Best Answer

Yes, I am in the correct age group. I'm 29 years old and I've only had one relationship that ended after 8 years of marriage. The circumstances that surrounded my first (and so far only) relationship are quite different than the ones now. I never dated in Middle or High School so no, I don't have the "experience" others may have. That's why I'm asking the question.

Best Answer

I checked your profile and I understand to a certain extent, I think though that we can't know what she meant, my reading of it would be that it just meant she'd see you around but we can't 'know' for sure.

Best Answer

That could be possible, it's just the wording that confuses me. She could have just said "I'll see you around", but who knows. I figure I'll know for sure soon either way.

Best Answer

i doubt there was anything behind it.. she probably was just speaking literally in that she will see u alot as u r always there when she is... lol.. if u like her just ask her on a date? she might feel the same way and it saves so much time spent wondering...

Best Answer

I guess i'd say something like that just to be polite. You were the one who asked her a question. What was she to do just answer your question and walk away. I may sound harsh. What i am trying to say is don't read so much into it. But if you're lucky she may be into u. Lets wait until next week shall we? And cross finger :)

Best Answer

While I did ask the first question, she in turn asked me a question and her response was based off the answer to her question. But in any case, I do have a habit of reading too much into things. Nonetheless my fingers are crossed :)

Best Answer

Hmmm what comes to mind... "Wow you really look good today but I'd love to see how you look at night. Busy tonight?" Or just "You know, I really look forward to the days when I see you. I'd like to take you out and see if we have the chemistry I think we have." You can't expect her to take a chance if you won't.

Best Answer

Get to know her a little more then ask her out but really haha I'm only 19 and your like in between 26-30 you should know by now what it means.

Best Answer

Age doesn't always equal experience, so you're statement isn't necessarily true.

Best Answer

I didn't say your age meant equal experience, what I meant was you can't be much of a risk taker if you don't know by now.

Best Answer

By nature I'm not normally a risk taker, but I do take some risks. I never dated in Middle or High School and I've only had one relationship that ended after 8 years of marriage and it's been 2 years since the divorce. I've been spending my time focusing on healing and self improvement, so I haven't been spending my time in the "dating scene".

Best Answer

She didn't spray you with mace or tell you her boyfriends gonna kick yer ***, so these are all good signs.<br />
I'd suggest asking her out to coffee or sex or something.

Best Answer

Polite conversation

Best Answer

Mmmm, if i was her I would probably mean it as it is (as in not flirting) because she might have not had anything else to say? Not sure.

Best Answer

Yeah, that makes two of us. If there was anything subtle imbedded in the statement I didn't catch it because I don't pick up on subtlety well. It's one of my weaknesses.

Best Answer

I don't think she meant anything but the obvious.

Best Answer

While I'm not sure what to think on this, at most we only see each other maybe twice a day, two days a week, so I'm not entirely convinced that 4 times a week could be counted as "a lot", especially when I have classes all five days and she doesn't. I'm not saying you're wrong, as you could very well be right. I'm just not convinced either way yet. Hopeful, yes, but not convinced.

Best Answer

I just feel like it's too simple of a statement to really read into. If you like her ask her if she wants to grab lunch.

Best Answer

That's fair enough.

Best Answer

she sounds interested... take a chance, ask her out for lunch or something...

Best Answer