After someone disrespects you and you call them on it and they don't admit their mistake and proceed defensive, they attempt to talk to you as if nothing ever happened and that you both are the best of friends? Manipulation? A component of self-righteousness and arrogance? A bad side effect of a fragile ego; one that would be devastated to acknowledge they can make a mistake or be wrong at something in life? (One of my experiences is with one person who is a big know it all...but of course he is not)
Ameliorate Ameliorate 26-30, M 13 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in Hobbies

I would say narcissist. They are never at fault.

Best Answer

we all know it all or what the best answer is for ourselves. People have different views on respect and levels of respect....

Best Answer

So true guy....this guy said one time that it's not even about "respect", guess I should have asked him his perception. Hmmm.....what do you think is another view on respect though? Other than the common views....I want to seriously be informed.

Best Answer

It reminds me of this book "Illusions: Adventures of a reluctant Messiah". You should read it. You can download a free ebook.
Respect is a word that is over used and isn't clearly defined today....

Best Answer

there are ppl who have no idea when they've hurt your feelings as people have different degrees of sensitivity and those ppl may have less than you. you can stew over it or go to that person and explain how you feel. He/she should acknowledge your feelings and apologize. We can't expect ppl to feel the same way we do, after all, that's what makes us all unique. But we can expect our feelings to be validated just because we say we feel them. That person may never 'get it' but should acknowledge that you have those feelings. If it's any consolation, that person probably never meant to hurt you and is oblivious to the fact that they did and doesn't feel anything about it. Knowing that, you could let it go a lot easier.

Best Answer

I have a family friend that has treated me that way. <br />
She thinks she's the smartest person in the world.<br />
I just don't share a lot with her anymore, she seems to feel the need to cut me down. <br />
Probably to make herself feel better. I don't let her get to me anymore.<br />
I still love her though.

Best Answer

They know they were wrong and don't want to have it brought up, so they act like it never happened in hopes you will forget. So yes, it is manipulation, but they're not aware of it.

Best Answer

Ah...wow I can take your answer and apply it to this individual....possibly true...thanks for your insight!

Best Answer

Always happy to spread the knowledge.

Best Answer

it means the person is really not taking into account the way you feel, like they don't understand how bad you feel about it. Mom is a great example, she can't say we're right to dad and I, just can't, sometimes they are like programmed to operate in some way , they feel so passionate about it and to change that it takes soemthing beyond your own comprehension, something deep inside the other persons' beliefs. For now, dont let it get to you because its gonna take a while to solve.

Best Answer

Love your response....you are very astute about human behavior!

Best Answer

He is called a opinionated..I wouldn't be friends with him or her in this situation.

Best Answer

Doesn't matter to me I ask if it's worth it, is it a serious obstacle to your friendship if it's not move on

Best Answer

Great friendships must have respect for each other. Someone who knows hot to push your buttons but chooses not to out of respect. By you calling him on his error it should serve to let him know his limits.

Best Answer

Denial - I believe they know - but I know they will never take the step to correct - I was married to it

Best Answer

A component of self-righteousness and arrogance thats something I do all the time and most people don't realize i'm testing them to see how far I can push their buttons

Best Answer

hmmm.....well now "I" know.... :) lol (joke)

Best Answer