I was reading through the answers and I would agree that it would depend on where you live. However, from what I have seen anything that involves an attack on anyone "white" is generally not viewed as a "hate crime". This is stupid at best as any criminal act done out of hatred is a hate crime, regardless of skin tone. I say skin tone because we all have a pigment in our skin called melanin which determines how light or dark our skin is. I also think "racist" is stupid at best because we are one race, the human race, not multiple races ba<x>sed on skin color.<br />
But that being said, those with the loudest voices will push the propaganda they want to push, and most of those people don't see a "black" person killing someone as "racist". It's all about their bias. Change the bias and we may see some change in the right direction.

Best Answer

Yep. In my view, God created all the races, all the colors, and without color, the world would be a very drab and unappealing place to live. It is our differences that make us beautiful and unique. But even if we all looked exactly the same, it would not make a difference in how we should treat one another. Jesus died for every person. I do not believe that any hate crime against any ethnicity is justified, ever. I only wonder why.. why in America of all places are we hiding the truth in order to spread and purport a lie that is dividing us more and more day by day. BamPow, I believe, hit the nail on the head. But we all share in the responsibility to some degree as citizens here. And from the looks of it, our DOJ may be helping to keep the truth from coming out to keep Americans at war with the color.. rather than the crime. Even so Lord, come quickly. :/

Best Answer

I think the "why" may have to do with superiority. One group thinks they are better than another for the reasons they believe, whether it be skin color, origin, religion, etc. I couldn't tell you the "why" behind that, but I would venture to guess that it has something to do with our sin nature.

Best Answer

The media will always cover things that they think will get more readers or ratings, i don't why it does get more rating/readers but clearly it does.

Best Answer

You're probably right. I tend to agree. It seems that the politically correct way to report hate crimes turns a blind eye to racists who happen to be of black/African descent. Not fair or just, obviously.. but definitely needs to change. I'll be so happy when the race chip falls off of everyone's shoulder. I hope that day comes.

Best Answer

I have asked myself the same thing, Im not racist what so ever but were I live its constantly an issue a white man got robbed by a black man an when the owner of the house(white) shot him they said it was because he was racist and I think thats crazy I dont care what color you are if your robbing me and im protecting my family you could be blue im still going to shoot you.

Best Answer

Hate crimes are perpetrated by all races, every single day. I guess I just wonder if people ever really stop and question the media and government leaders about the double standard and hold them accountable. ALL racism deserves equal outrage. Not only racism against people of darker skin.

Best Answer

I totally agree

Best Answer

I don't agree white on black hate crimes are common in the US. In fact white on black crime is not that common at all according to the statistics. There was a big rush to say the shooting of Trayvon Martin was a hate crime by a racial bigot. So far there's no basis for that whatsoever. We'll see if they have the evidence to prove second degree murder. Maybe they do. But so far it looks to me a lot less cut and dry than Casey Anthony. So I expect the high that Al Sharpton and Maxine Waters seem to be licking their chops about--large scale racial riots--is quite likely headed for us. Shelby Steele hit the nail on the head when he said the black liberal leaders (anachronistically called "civil rights leaders") thrive off the scent of anti-black racism, even yearn for it. It's what makes them feel truly alive.<br />
Whites on the other hand are killed by blacks in the US on a pretty much daily basis. In the nearest big city things have happened like 5 black men taking turns raping a white woman and then finishing her off by running her over with a car. It never was reported in the national news media, and the local reporting of it was fairly muted and terse. What do you think the media would have done if the races had been reversed? No, not all black on white crime relates to racial bias. But a lot of it must surely. There have been many cases where whites have been victimized with the same facts used to establish an anti-black hate crime, and the national media has chosen to ignore it. In fact several incidents like that have happened in the course of the Martin / Zimmerman uproar.<br />
I don't agree with BamPow that the national media is playing to its audience. I think rather that the media are trying to mold their audience. In the 1980s the great passion of the Left was opposing US government efforts to resist the spread of Communism in the Third World. When Communism fell apart, the economic rationale of progressivism was also gravely wounded. The idea that government knows best in the economic realm was deeply discredited. So in the wake of this a different direction for the Left was essential. What was chosen was an emphasis on the notion of American society as savagely unfair. The news media cover things this way not for journalistic purposes on a high or a low road. It is rather the news media as a political actor trying to promote the Left's political fortunes. In case you haven't noticed, there is ZERO interest on the Left in seeing racial healing in America. Obama has done nothing to promote it; in fact he has sought to promote racial enmity. The Left knows that the best way to keep blacks and Hispanics from considering the Republican Party and still voting Dem in large numbers is to promote racial alienation through the idea that white racism rages in the land and has the upper hand. If that were true, then the multitudes of non-whites seeking to come here sure are fools, aren't they?

Best Answer

There's no hypocrisy. If a black person killed a white person for racist reasons, they would go to prison. The only thing anyone asks is for that boy (whom I assume you're talking about) his life to be worth something. People want to feel that if their husband, son or friend were killed for no reason that the authorities would take that as serious as it is. If your daughter were killed today I'm sure the last thing you would want to hear is that there was no crime committed against her.

Best Answer

Right. I'm not saying blacks don't get sent to prison. Of course they do! But why do their hate crimes against caucasions not get open and candid media coverage? That's what I'm trying to pin down. :) Thanks for answering though!

Best Answer

It depends on where you are and who the law enforcement are whether or not the black person will receive proper justice- like whether or not his jail sentence will be justifiable by law and not overdone because of his race.<br />
it sucks, but there are still extreme racists out there.

Best Answer

*Nod*, that's true. But this isn't about whether or not they'll get proper justice. This is about whether or not their case will get media coverage as being a racial hate crime against a white person. That's what I'm curious about.. maybe I should tried to be more specific when asking my question. I hate the character limit on questions in the Q&amp;A forum! Thanks for answering. :)

Best Answer

your welcome and it probably won't because in the history of the US there was no major outbreak of racism against whites from the blacks like with Martin Luther King Jr.- stuff like that. So the likely hood that it will get a lot of racism coverage is low but still probable. In my opinion.

Best Answer

I have to differ. From the 1960s there have been pogroms by blacks against whites in the US numerous times. There were pogroms by whites against blacks during Woodrow Wilson's presidency after the movie "Birth of a Nation" came out. Both are horribly wrong.

Best Answer

Hate to break it to ya but a hate crime has no color...Blacks and whites kill for racist reasons...Wrong yes but they do it all the same...

Best Answer

I absolutely agree. But where is the media coverage of hate crimes perpetrated *by* black people?

Best Answer

Never believe everything you hear in the media they report just what they want to ...

Best Answer

Indeed.

Best Answer

He/she would go to prison for eight to fifteen years for robbery and drug posession. The media wouldn't blip unless the police failed to follow procedure.

Best Answer

So as long as the person is arrested, the reasons behind their crime (even if they only attacked the person because they were white) the story probably won't make it into the news. Essentially, only non white victims of racism are considered worthy of media and/or public sympathy?

Best Answer

That's the way it is, for now. Black Panthers, MS13, Al Qaeda, etc. are regarded as extremists rather than racists. Only crackers can be racist to a fault.

Best Answer

Exactly. Well put.

Best Answer

Really makes "racist" as bs as the concept of women "putting out" or "giving it up".

Best Answer