A courtesan was originally a female courtier, which means a person who attends the court of a monarch or other powerful person. Today a Mistress to a wealthy person:-)

Best Answer

Maybe you misheard & it was "a long lost Count in his van", still driving around with a useless sat-nav! Lmao :-)

Best Answer

Its the chick that runs the ho house

Best Answer

Posh word for prozzie

Best Answer

A Courtesan was a woman...of loose moral fibre...a hanger-on at the courts...some say they were prostitutes...some say they were the most highly paid of mistresses.

Best Answer

ewww that doesn't sound right then what the psychic told me.... why would i want to have a chance meeting with a Courtesan and i thought she said it was a man???

Best Answer

Since she said it was a "long-lost" Courtesan....and since Courtesans have not really been around for hundreds of years...perhaps she is trying to go for the reincarnation angle.

Best Answer

A mistress.

Best Answer

A female member of a court. Monarchs surrounded themselves by favoured nobility who got the most political influence, favours, and say in the workings of the kingdom.

Best Answer

lol wait I'm confused she said it was supposed to be a man?

Best Answer

They're women to my understanding. Oh, also the term also came to mean a prostitute with very wealthy clientele. But in either case it's a female term.

Best Answer

I could be wrong though, but I'm not gonna spend five minutes googling this. Go forth and google!

Best Answer

ok thanks!

Best Answer