nosafewords nosafewords 22-25 11 Answers Jul 15, 2009

Nope. Both of you shaylon and denverguy are wrong.

A plantain does not taste like a banana. I It can be eaten while it is still green and in countries like Puerto Rico , fried green plantain is called "Toston ". It is also eaten when it is ripe and it is very sweet and delicious but the flavour does not resemble that of a banana , and much less that of a chicken, LOL .

They sell fried plantain chips at organic stores and they are really good eaten plain or with a spicy guacamole on the side.

Bon Appetit

Best Answer

You spent all that time telling other people they are wrong and still didn't answer the question. What do they taste like? "Sweet" isn't an answer.

Best Answer

I like mine ripe and raw. People I know always look at me with odd questioning stares when I do. They're like "but you have to cook them first!" I just tell them I don't like regular bananas because they smell a little like saliva. I can't describe it well but I find it quite repulsive. Plantains, to me, taste sweet just like a banana minus the salivary smell.

Best Answer

A banana !

You F***

Best Answer

LOL UC! THANK YOU!

Best Answer

Like an uppity banana.

Best Answer

Underconstruction is spot on. Allow me if I may, just to be sure that he was understood, to add that plantains green, or black-ripe (the darker, the sweeter), must be cooked to become palatable, unlike conventional bananas which are usually eaten raw but may be cooked.

I agree that the flavor is difficult to describe but the green ones seem to me to have a flavor similar to what a cross between a banana and a potato chip may taste like. To try and describe sweet or ripe plantain is, in my view, even more difficult. Imagine trying to describe the taste of a ripe mango.

que approveche

Best Answer

i don't knowhow to explain it, nor do i know what they taste like raw but if u smash them down (while green still) and fry them, take em out for a min and fry the again they are fantastic!!!! My fiance's mom is costa rican and she showed me how to do it...granted i eat mine w/ ketchup i don't think ur supposed to. they are very good w/ a mango sauce dip. i guess like fried banana consistency but they don't taste like banana more like ...i dunno..it's got its own taste..but its good

Best Answer

DELICIOUS!!! It tastes very similar to a banana but the texture is a bit tougher. They are so delicious baked or fried.

Best Answer

I never tried one but it would not surprise me if it tasted like chicken.

Best Answer

It tastes exactly like a banana.

Best Answer